Do you have an +$100 EDC..?

I EDC a Hinderer XM-18 that is a Gen I which has been upgraded with Gen II parts. It might as well be my American Express card, 'cause I don't leave home without it. :thumbup:

Hinderer_XM-18_with-GenI-parts.jpg

Well, I usually rotate between my small classic micarta Seb & lg. classic CGG Seb, neck carry a Joe Brum HAK, & have been pocket carrying a Ty Montell custom Trapper (But will probably replace it with a recently acquired Case/Bose Collaboration Dogleg Jack).

So, I guess my answer is yes.

I EDC the BM615 mini rukus, it went into my pocket the day I got it. I also have a S110v Shallot, but have not EDC'd it due to the 615.

Yup. Carry either one of my Emersons, or my Sebenza. Can't see a reason to leave my best knives in a drawer.

The only knives I own are an Emerson Commander, Benchmade Mini-Rukus, and a Zero Tolerance 301. Since they are all $100+, I have no choice but to EDC a $100+ knife.

Wait, I do EDC an SAK as well, but that's just part of my keychain.

My EDC knives that are over a hundred $100 are my Spyderco Military and Emerson Commander. Among the two, I use the Military more because the flat grind is better for everyday use.

All of my knives are users, except the BM 806 D2

I use my Sebenza and SnG regularly.

Most of my SD EDC knives are $100+ knives. I carry Emerson, Spyderco, Microtech, and Benchmade. Is it strange that all my safe queens are sub $100 slipjoints?

I’ve been carrying my Lone Wolf D-2 since it arrived. It wasn’t my intention to carry it every day, my EDCs are the Kershaw Skyline and the Victorinox Climber. Since this Lone Wolf is a right handed automatic and I’m left handed I decided to carry it until it became natural and fluid to activate the mechanism with my pointer finger.

I’ve pretty much got it down. I really wish more left handed or ambi knives where available, though the Lone wolf is easily a ambidextrous flipper.

I agree with the above statements that the joy of fine things is in their use, more so than just their possession.

LWD2PLAIN1.jpg

Most of my EDC rotation is made up of $100+ knives - but only because I prefer the better blade steel and scale material.

Why buy them if you're not going to use them?

Out of my collection I have carried everything, even if only for a few weeks.

Most of the knives I carry are over $100. I try and convince myself to love the lower priced knives but I can't quite trick myself. Not for long anyways.

The joy is being able to carry your awesome knife, use it, pull it out and look at it. You will also get some memories attached to it. I remember the time I realized my wife was getting used to my knives when she pulled my Mayo TNT out of my pocket in front of her family (my hands were greasy) used it to open one of our godsons toys, folded it back up and put it in my pocket.

Another reason I like to carry expensive ones is if you carry them enough they only cost you pennies a day. In 400 days a $400 dollar knife only cost a dollar a day to enjoy. In 800 days, 50 cents. and on and on. Makes a Sebenza seem pretty cost effective if you think about it.

Yes. Current EDC rotates between Hinderer XM-18's, Strider SNG or SMF.

I am the opposite of the OP. I find myself buying less expensive knives like Spyderco's, Kershaw's, and Benchmades and then not using them! They sit in a drawer or get flipped opened and closed but not carried. Then I sell them in a few weeks.

Life is short, why not use and enjoy the best of your collection. If you don't then the next owner will!!!

Current EDC's...

Knives.jpg

Another reason I like to carry expensive ones is if you carry them enough they only cost you pennies a day.

I like the way you think. That would make my old retiered SAK cost about $0.00188947 round that down to .002 again down to .00 and I've got $0.00/day, nice.

Honey! Kives are free !?! :)

I have been edcing my Curly Friction Folder. For basic cutting, it's all I need.

I carry my T-mag alot, full price it would have set me back over $400 AUD from spyderco, but I got it on clearance so i guess it doesnt count. I carry a 710 too sometimes, that was way over $100 when i bought it thanks to the crappy value of the dollar at the time.

Back