Do you have an +$100 EDC..?

I've been rotating between a EKI CQC-12,a Lg.Classic Sebenza w/inlays,a ZT0302,& several different Benchmades.

I use (almost) every knife I own.I never got into flashy watches or jewelry.I've had $500+ watches & sold them(just didn't like the way they fit).I keep going back to my $30 Timex & a $150-$400+ EDC knife.I guess I'm kinda weird.:confused::D

I'm EDCing this one all this week. I paid $130 for it before they added our outragous sales tax in TN!
012.jpg

ZT205KW, Great knife, just feels so right in the hand. Weight has never bothered me.:thumbup:
Bill

Just curious.. I have a SNG CC exactly like yours. But I am thinking about getting the gunner grip. Which do you prefer to carry more? Do you find the edges on the slim CC cut into your hands a bit? Do you like the thicker handle of the reg SNG better?

I just received mine yesterday and maybe I have been playing with it to much.:eek:

Actually, I think I prefer the standard SNG to the Gunner Grip. The handle of the gunner grip is so narrow that the grip feels less secure to me.

But I prefer the CC SMF to them both!

If you dont use your nice ones, whats the point in paying so much!?!?!?

Maybe I am in the minority - but I think there are a lot of people who buy a +$100 Spyderco, say the Rock Lobster, with the intention of it never seeing the light of day...just for collecting purposes....but maybe I am wrong.

My EDC's are a Scrapyard Mud Puppy (No longer in production), Spyderco BG42 Military (No longer in production) and a Spyderco Tasman Salt. The Mud Puppy has a nice kydex sheath and the Military has a custom tip up pocket clip. Each is easily worth over 100$ and would not be fun to replace (Which is why I have backups). I have no issue whatsoever carrying them though. I carry them because they are my favorite knives and they work the best for what I use my knives for. Price is of little concern to me, I simply want the best. I've tried out pretty much every Spyderco folder (Lil Temp, Phoenix, Sage, CF Caly, Stretch 2, Police 3, Manix etc.) and have settled on the Military for my go to EDC. Only competition it gets is the Scrapyard when I'm in the mood for a fixed blade instead of folder, or Pacific Salt if the day's activities call for it.

I figure if I can afford the best, then I'll use the best. Why not enjoy the fantastic products knife companies put out these days? What's in my pockets means a lot more to me than what's in my safe, because what's on me can be used when I need it. That's why I carry the best knives out of my collection. I get no satisfaction out of merely owning a nice knife, to me the satisfaction is in using it and watching it outperform everything else I've used.

I spent over 200$ on a collectors version of a Scrapyard Dogfather, and the first hour it was in my possession I had chopped through multiples trees. I'll never relate to people that can safe queen a knife like the Dogfather. I can't even hold on to something like that and not want to whack something with it.

It's hard not to have an EDC under a bill these days. Luckily my EDC is on top of some bills ;) .... lame joke.
l_8f40d4a7278a46e183ffe006472cd141.jpg

My PEN cost more than $100, so yeah the knives I carry and use are well over $100 :cool:

Pretty much every knife I have I edc (that can be done so legally), and almost all of them are over 100. Knives aren't people, and for the most part, can be replaced or fixed if things don't work out.

Reading this thread has made me realize that as many knives as I have, most are actually under $100. The only ones that are $100+ are my Spyderco Paramilitary and Koster Bushcraft (sold it).

I use to EDC my para but recently I've opted for smaller and slimmer knives in the form of a Kabar Dozier and Case Peanut. Once in a while I'll pull out the para to carry though.

The Scrapyard Dogfather reminds me of the Kershaw Outcast...assuming the Kershaw is much cheaper then the Dogfather...

My EDC's are a Scrapyard Mud Puppy (No longer in production), Spyderco BG42 Military (No longer in production) and a Spyderco Tasman Salt. The Mud Puppy has a nice kydex sheath and the Military has a custom tip up pocket clip. Each is easily worth over 100$ and would not be fun to replace (Which is why I have backups). I have no issue whatsoever carrying them though. I carry them because they are my favorite knives and they work the best for what I use my knives for. Price is of little concern to me, I simply want the best. I've tried out pretty much every Spyderco folder (Lil Temp, Phoenix, Sage, CF Caly, Stretch 2, Police 3, Manix etc.) and have settled on the Military for my go to EDC. Only competition it gets is the Scrapyard when I'm in the mood for a fixed blade instead of folder, or Pacific Salt if the day's activities call for it.

I figure if I can afford the best, then I'll use the best. Why not enjoy the fantastic products knife companies put out these days? What's in my pockets means a lot more to me than what's in my safe, because what's on me can be used when I need it. That's why I carry the best knives out of my collection. I get no satisfaction out of merely owning a nice knife, to me the satisfaction is in using it and watching it outperform everything else I've used.

I spent over 200$ on a collectors version of a Scrapyard Dogfather, and the first hour it was in my possession I had chopped through multiples trees. I'll never relate to people that can safe queen a knife like the Dogfather. I can't even hold on to something like that and not want to whack something with it.

I EDC a Hinderer XM-18 that is a Gen I which has been upgraded with Gen II parts. It might as well be my American Express card, 'cause I don't leave home without it. :thumbup:

Hinderer_XM-18_with-GenI-parts.jpg

I must say I really like this knife, but I am not up on it - how much does one go for, and how difficult is it to get..?

I have never had a safe queen yet.

The only knives I EDC that are worth more than $100 are my Spderco Military and the Police 3. I EDC those 2 all the time.

My DDR Gun Hammer is one of my EODC knives. I also EODC one of Bradford Fairall's Gauntlets. Both list at $750.

DR_0758.jpg

IMG_3362-600x400.jpg

My Benchmade Osbourne 940. I have some other ones that are
more expensive that I carry only sometimes. The 940 is just the
most practical.

Back