Do you like tanto blades?

• I like them.

Votes: 128 67.7%
  • I don’t like them.

Votes: 61 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the look of the Emerson cqc 7 but I don't actually like using it. I have a ZT 620 that I really like after I removed the second tip and made it into a knife with belly.

My first tanto, was also my first modern knife, and my first assisted opener, and my first Kershaw. Any guesses? After that, I sort of went on a small tanto kick. Though still found the lack of a little bit of belly left me wanting....at least in my normal day-to-day life.

But, find myself really drawn to a solid Spanto.

Answer to above.....da Blur.

Here he is. An old photo.
hoooooooo . . . combo edge. No wonder I don't carry it.
I might like a high quality knife with this pivot though.
IMG_3526.jpg

I used to simply because I fell for the whole Cold Steel super strong tip propaganda in my early twenties. After a few years I found myself going back to what I really like aesthetically which are double edge and spear points for collection items and simple drop points for functional blades.

I like them with the caveat being that I prefer the traditional curved shape as opposed to the boxier modern version. Fixed blade makes more sense to me than a folder in this style.

I have quite a few of this style in my collection, Hartsfield, Fikes, Knight, Tendick, Mason and Serge. They range from large pry bars to small Kiridashi. I don't carry any, last one I carried was an Emerson CQC6 back in the mid-90s.

I quite like the modern tanto .
Only have a few in my collection .
One is my work knife for the past ten years and another is the knife i plan on replacing my work knife with.
I'm in the fire service and my work knife with ,wait for it , a part serrated blade has been perfect for the kind of cutting work i do in the service . Its future replacement is also part serrated , i know not everyones cup of tea but definately has its benefits in certain situations .
My other tanto is a cold steel gi tanto i bought because it was priced so low i couldn't resist picking it up as a beater.
The modern tanto is not my favourite blade shape but they do have their place .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back