Dog Soldier 6 vs Alpha Dog 6

It's cool man.
That dadgone SR101&INFI, both talk the talk and walk the walk brother.
They are the real deal imo.
Yeah, the Busse heat treat is one of if not THE best in the business. Busse Elmax is probably the best "stainless" steel I have encountered and if I didn't live in a place that rusts plastic, I would be rocking SR101 all day every day. I know what people will say - SR101/52100 just needs some maintenance (oil or renaissance wax) and there will be no issues with staining but my schedule is crazy and I want my knives to be as maintenance free as possible.

I'm super happy with all the recent INFI but my wallet is wishing for some SR101 so I can sit one out!

Yeah, the Busse heat treat is one of if not THE best in the business. Busse Elmax is probably the best "stainless" steel I have encountered and if I didn't live in a place that rusts plastic, I would be rocking SR101 all day every day. I know what people will say - SR101/52100 just needs some maintenance (oil or renaissance wax) and there will be no issues with staining but my schedule is crazy and I want my knives to be as maintenance free as possible.

I'm super happy with all the recent INFI but my wallet is wishing for some SR101 so I can sit one out!
Oh, I hear ya brother.
I say, when you can get INFI- get it :)
SR101 is awesome. I love how easily she sharpens and holds and edge. ........but damn, that INFI is just freakin nice imo, and pretty much maintenance free:D:D

I love the looks of stained SR101 enough that I even bought one that someone else stained up. Lol!
2018-05-16 07.37.05.jpg

Resi C can sit for days in even the harshest of stripping mediums with no effect. It's pretty incredible stuff!
Hmmmmm. Tempting to strip this DS6. Anyone know how much work will be required after stripping the coating off? What’s this decarb, I hear of?

Hmmmmm. Tempting to strip this DS6. Anyone know how much work will be required after stripping the coating off? What’s this decarb, I hear of?
Stripping the coating off is pretty easy. Just use paint stripper. The decarb takes mechanical work. Sanding or blasting. I'm no metalurgist so my terms might be a bit off but the best way I can describe it is that it is a dark layer of oxidation on the surface of the steel. That stuff rusts pretty easily. Remove it and it will be way more stain resistant. About like some stainless steels.

Back