Dog thread

C93I8MI.jpg

awww :)

such a good dog :thumbsup:

my mom got the cat a small space heater for her Chanukah present, to help keep her warm at night.

it doesn't get too cold here at night. lowers to around 45-50 degrees. Southern California cold, but many of us who don't live in colder parts of the state. we are kind of wimpy about the "cold."

perhaps they never learned how to layer

I'll bring my doodle ( Reggie Jackson) to the next shindig we have, or a least some pics!
The Mini Dachsunds are getting to old to travel (17)
Buster the Big Beagle has been gone almost two years now.

Beagles are food thieving, garden digging, fence climbing, over barking, moonlight howling, fur shedding, short memoried, muddy, smelly, dog fighting, misbehaving beasts who follow their nose as their god....but I always liked them! Buster was my fishing partner dog, he loved to fish and be in the boat. I miss him, but the neighbors and the squirrels do not!

My mom's dog growing up was a Beagle, so we're particularly fond of them

My maternal grandma would make him a freshly grilled hamburger patter with gravy for dinner every darn day :)

From what I'm told, the dog was no on good terms with the mailman, as his life revolved around sleeping, eat, defecating and urinating, more sleeping, naps, and waking up just to go nutzo defending the household from the evil mailman :rolleyes:

Never had a Beagle but I did have a Basset Hound. She was a wonderful and complicated companion as loyal as possible. She was also hungry constantly no matter how much I fed her. We were fishing near a campground one day and she wandered off. I wasn't too concerned but called her back. I looked up to see her trotting towards me with a full loaf of bread in her mouth. I didn't see or hear anyone fussing about it so I did the right thing. I opened the bag to be sure she didn't ingest the plastic.

Last edited:
Back