• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Don't Deal With Anotherforumname.........Guess I'm an Idiot!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AF1928

BANNED
Hello All,

I have a confession to make.....I'm an idiot. Yep....it is that simple. I agreed to purchase something from a forum member......and I didn't ask his particular method of shipping prior to sending money to him. I admit......as hard as it is....that was on me. It turns out he sent it retail ground.....it is now lost in the south as it just runs circles with the carrier. I'm not going to list the carrier, but the member is ANOTHERFORUMNAME. I will issue this bit of wisdom....ALWAYS ASK HOW THEY WILL SHIP PRIOR TO SENDING MONEY. I didn't, lesson learned. I've contacted the seller and been accused of scamming because the initial tracking number didn't work and then my follow-on seems to have set him off. Regardless, I'm at the mercy of the shipper at this point. Be careful my fellow forum brethern......measure twice and cut once!!! A a follow-up, I didn't leave feedback because the deal wasn't done....I haven't received my package. I contacted the seller early to ask for an updated tracking number....the first came back invalid. I contacted again today stating the package seemed lost in the mail.....I even talked about a refund if the package didn't arrive. my seller immediately went to negative feedback.......just because I asked for information and broached the subject of a refund. I didn't initially even list the seller.....until he left negative feedback.....I never talked about negative feedback....the deal isn't done. I will not leave feedback just because the seller is pissy.....the deal isn't done. Guess I will get the mods involved.....lovely, just lovely.

Hammer

Last edited:
List the carrier. How long has it been in transit? Did either of you contact the carrier?

I'd not going to impugn the carrier.....and I haven't contacted them, no. We are at a week and the package has continued to run circles in the south.....hitting the same sorting facilities repeatedly. That is the seller's responsibility.....hence the reason I broached the subject with him. I should add that the same thing happened with another member...see GBU from last week with OOITZOO. This member followed up and it appeared the package was lost in the mail. He took it upon himself to issue a refund. Funny enough, the package arrived on Saturday......out of the blue mind you.....I immediately paid the member exactly what we had agreed upon....though he offered me a 50% discount because of the shipping shafu. I wasn't asking for any of this with this particular seller.....I was broaching the subject with him about what to do from here.

List the carrier. How long has it been in transit? Did either of you contact the carrier?

Last edited:
You need to provide the following info:

link to sale thread
date of the sale
when the item was shipped
which carrier
is tracking number working
if tracking number us working, what is the status of the package

As stated earlier, I will not provide any tracking information.....period. Here is the sales thread:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...-items-misc-pouches?highlight=bladetech+mouse

Item was shipped on Thursday.....initially tracking number was invalid. member sent a link with valid number that shows it is somewhere deep in the southern part of the US.

You need to provide the following info:

link to sale thread
date of the sale
when the item was shipped
which carrier
is tracking number working
if tracking number us working, what is the status of the package

I have messaged the seller to let him know about this thread.....and invited him to provide input, updates.....or any information he sees fit. I have also followed up with email....and contacted the mods about this.

Last edited:
let me guess....opa locka......the black hole of usps sent packages?

It is up to the seller to decide the shipping method, though the buyer can ask how it will be shipped and not buy if he or she is not satisfied
What is wrong here:On the sellers part
Not providing the proper tracking #
Not helping to find package and assuring buyer he is coverer if there is a loss
leaving negative feedback-too soon for either party to leave negative feedback

Last edited:
Started in VA and has ended up running around Tennessee.......I live in New Hampshire.....that's a bit of a detour for sure.

let me guess....opa locka......the black hole of usps sent packages?

I started the thread as a warning to others not to do my stupid....that was clear. However, the seller left negative feedback prior to the deal being done......and literally while I was typing my cautionary tale(without his name or the shipper). He sent me an email telling me of his negative feedback. This was a warning tale from the start.....plain and simple. The seller will cover the loss as I used Paypal goods and services. I didn't want to go public with his username.......did after he left negative feedback. I will not respond in kind.....

It is up to the seller to decide the shipping method, though the buyer can ask how it will be shipped and not buy if he or she is not satisfied
What is wrong here:
Not providing the proper tracking #
Not helping to find package and assuring buyer he is coverer if there is a loss
leaving negative feedback-too soon for either party to leave negative feedback

Last edited:
Seller left neg FB??? What was the reason he did??
Deal was not completed when he left it.......pretty sure he should be infracted for that shitty move.

I started the thread as a warning to others not to do my stupid....that was clear. However, the seller left negative feedback prior to the deal being done. This was a warning tale from the start.....plain and simple. The seller will cover the loss as I used Paypal goods and services. I didn't want to go public with his username.......

In case you misunderstood when I said to wrong, it was wrong on the sellers part not yours.
I usually send priority flat rate, but on occasion 1st class/parcel post is a better answer. I don't know the other carriers well enough to give the equivalents.

That is a good question....I don't actually know what his reason was. We got into a spat via email and the next thing I know......bam, negative feedback.
Seller left neg FB??? What was the reason he did??
Deal was not completed when he left it.......pretty sure he should be infracted for that shitty move.

Sorry, my misunderstanding. I completely admit it was my fault for not asking.....and I regret that very much. The carrier has provided regular updates.....what yanks my chain is being accused of questioning a non-functioning tracking link, following up with VERY slow delivery.....and obviously the shark-jumping negative feedback.

In case you misunderstood when I said to wrong, it was wrong on the sellers part not yours.
I usually send priority flat rate, but on occasion 1st class/parcel post is a better answer. I don't know the other carriers well enough to give the equivalents.

So he tagged you with "scam artist." I guess he's claiming you received the knife but you are saying it's still in transit?

Just show the tracking data and this will get solved by a mod lickety split.

Yes, I guess I'm a scam artist. I will share tracking numbers and information with the mods.....not going to do it with the anyone else. My problem isn't with the shipper......why does everyone keep going to that? I will not throw someone else under the bus here.....just not going to happen. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but I don't roll that way.....uncle sam didn't train me that way. Period......
So he tagged you with "scam artist." I guess he's claiming you received the knife but you are saying it's still in transit?

Hopefully you paid good & services
You should be able to get the negative feedback removed-I believe that done easiest through the tech sub forum.

Should add that the seller knows full-well the package hasn't arrived....that is why I contacted him. If he would like to out his shipper....that is his business. He is labeling me a scammer because I initially contacted him about the inoperative shipping link he sent the first time.....he has said that that, couple with my questioning the current shipping information makes me a scammer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Started in VA and has ended up running around Tennessee.......I live in New Hampshire.....that's a bit of a detour for sure.

well the good news is if it aint lost in opa locka you might actually get it.:) i guessed that one wrong. hope it all works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back