1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Drop + Terzuola ATCF Tanto Folding Knife - Now Available

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Massdrop, Jul 23, 2019.

1. jeffsenpai

jeffsenpai Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2010
    I really like that blue g10. I already ordered the persian terzoula. I also really want the Kirby Lambert.

In short, I cannot afford them all! Slow it down Drop!

Rykjeklut likes this.
  2. fishface5

fishface5

Feb 3, 2001
    Not a tanto folder fan, but those are in fact pretty sweet

3. Lapedog

Lapedog

Dec 7, 2016
    What’s the blade length? Is it on bearings?

It wants me to sign in too hit the details tab.

4. Fixall

Fixall Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2018
    Stonewashed or PVD coated, stonewashed CPM-S35VN steel
    G-10 or carbon fiber (for a premium) scales
    Flipper Tab and titanium Thumb Disc opening
    Titanium Liner Lock with insert
    Caged ceramic bearings
    Right hand/tip up titanium clip (hidden hardware)
    Titanium hardware (screws)
    3.4" blade (.175" thick stock)
    4.3" handle (.55" wide), 7.7" overall length
    4.2oz for G10, 4oz for carbon fiber

A lot of cool features for the price in my opinion. The more I look at it, the more I like it.

marrenmiller and Lapedog like this.
  5. insta9ves

insta9ves

Apr 3, 2007
    Literally the 2 I just ordered

6. T.L.E. Sharp

T.L.E. Sharp I support the 3rd amendment! Platinum Member

Jun 30, 2016
    I'd have been a lot more excited about this one if it were a 3.75-4" blade. You followed up a pint sized Terzuola with a... pint sized Terzuola. Yay.

unwisefool and jux t like this.
  7. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Platinum Member

Oct 11, 2013
    This is where I'm at with it, honestly. But then, if you look at actual Terzuolas, a ton of them come with dinky little 3 inch blades. (shiver) so tactical, very self-defense! LOL

mb> and Lapedog like this.
  8. spyderg

spyderg

Sep 28, 2014
    As is the case with many knives I’d otherwise own, no lefty option. Oh well my wallet thanks you.

9. fly36gti

fly36gti

May 28, 2016
    Liner lock??

10. evilgreg

evilgreg Why so serious? Gold Member

Dec 25, 2012
    I'm still done with Drop, and would never do business with them again, but at least they take feedback. The new logo on the pivot is IMO a huge improvement over the old logo on the blade.

Lapedog likes this.
  11. Massdrop

Massdrop Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Oct 24, 2018
    Dang, these links! Here's one that should let you see the page/details/price without loggin' in y'all: https://drop.com/buy/drop-terzuola-atcf?mode=shop_open

Try that. I'll use those from now on.

Fixall likes this.
  12. Fixall

Fixall Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2018
    Massdrop likes this.
  13. Popsickle

Popsickle Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Why though? I’m just curious.

I personally know that mistakes were made, but that happens with everyone in business. Not only have the taken step to rectify issues.... they are attempting to insure such things never happen again.

Massdrop likes this.
  14. evilgreg

evilgreg Why so serious? Gold Member

Dec 25, 2012
    They screwed up about 1 in 3 of my orders, and IMO their business practices have been on the shady side at times (e.g. they started off marketing themselves as a "buy in bulk as a group to get a fantastic price" sort of thing but regularly sold knives at prices higher than directly available online knives stores offered when I checked them). I also hated the silly billboard on the blades, but to their credit they've moved to a much more tasteful logo. Now that they've morphed into a middleman that goes between the Chinese manufacturers and American designers, I can see how they might be really useful for the knife community overall but I'm over them--after all, I had missing parts, wrong products shipped, and products that didn't look like what was advertised when they arrived. In cases where a product was missing parts there was also no option to get the missing part, instead I was given small site credits (e.g. a $10 coupon). I'll stick to mostly buying knives from the exchange, direct from manufacturers or from whatever my current favorite online shops are (presently usamadeblade and knifecenter).

Every company has some hiccups and it's entirely possible my experience with them is just a matter of bad luck; after a dozen-ish orders I think I've given them more than enough of a chance, though.

15. wickettedge

wickettedge Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Thanks, @Massdrop I've got an order in for the black CF version.

Thinking about that silver CF version too. Pretty sick.

16. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 14, 2015
    I like the designs and options, but the shipping has to be or is the worst I have dealt with, one knife I bought shipped on the 5th and cant see any updates on it

marrenmiller likes this.
  17. 3-1-1

3-1-1 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 2, 2012
    In for slate blue.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  18. halflife78

halflife78 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 9, 2016
    Just as a reference to myself and drop I have bought:
    SpyderCo Delica Blue Box
    Laconico Keen
    WE Whistle
    All 3 versions of the WE Gavko Collab
    Cache EDC Valet
    Ferrum Forge Falcon
    Tashi Bharucha
    Ferrum Forge Buc
    Ferrum Forge Dao
    Ferrum Forge Gent

I had an issue with Falcon stripping a screw rotating the clip and Drop sent me a replacement knife immediately. No issues on my end with purchases or quality, what people need to understand with them is normal knives from manufacturers that have MAPs they have to abide by, the deal comes from Ferrum Forge, WE, Reate, etc. collabs through Drop.

19. halflife78

halflife78 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 9, 2016
    That being said, I would've liked to purchase the Orca and this one, but there is no left hand option on these.

20. Lapedog

Lapedog

Dec 7, 2016
    Thank you very much.

I don’t know how much pull you have at Massdrop but what is the advantage of not letting visitors to the site see that stuff?