Drop + Terzuola ATCF Tanto Folding Knife - Now Available

I like the designs and options, but the shipping has to be or is the worst I have dealt with, one knife I bought shipped on the 5th and cant see any updates on it
I swear, their shipping is via a network of local turnip trucks zig-zagging across the USA... Or at least that's what Fed-Ex Smart Post feels like.

I'm still done with Drop, and would never do business with them again, but at least they take feedback. The new logo on the pivot is IMO a huge improvement over the old logo on the blade.

They screwed up about 1 in 3 of my orders, and IMO their business practices have been on the shady side at times (e.g. they started off marketing themselves as a "buy in bulk as a group to get a fantastic price" sort of thing but regularly sold knives at prices higher than directly available online knives stores offered when I checked them). I also hated the silly billboard on the blades, but to their credit they've moved to a much more tasteful logo. Now that they've morphed into a middleman that goes between the Chinese manufacturers and American designers, I can see how they might be really useful for the knife community overall but I'm over them--after all, I had missing parts, wrong products shipped, and products that didn't look like what was advertised when they arrived. In cases where a product was missing parts there was also no option to get the missing part, instead I was given small site credits (e.g. a $10 coupon). I'll stick to mostly buying knives from the exchange, direct from manufacturers or from whatever my current favorite online shops are (presently usamadeblade and knifecenter).

Every company has some hiccups and it's entirely possible my experience with them is just a matter of bad luck; after a dozen-ish orders I think I've given them more than enough of a chance, though.

The lack of response to these posts doesn't look very good either IMHO. It's not horrible, but I'm never a fan of a dealer who simply uses the forums as a billboard and doesn't actually engage with their customers here.

Massdrop Massdrop could certainly boost their reputation, in my eyes at least, by engaging with complaints in a public way rather than ignoring them like we've seen here.

Reactions: mb>
The lack of response to these posts doesn't look very good either IMHO. It's not horrible, but I'm never a fan of a dealer who simply uses the forums as a billboard and doesn't actually engage with their customers here.

Massdrop Massdrop could certainly boost their reputation, in my eyes at least, by engaging with complaints in a public way rather than ignoring them like we've seen here.
To be fair, they have not been online since those messages were posted, so I doubt they saw them in order to respond to them.

I'd have been a lot more excited about this one if it were a 3.75-4" blade. You followed up a pint sized Terzuola with a... pint sized Terzuola. Yay.
My thoughts exactly.

I like the design very much but I'm not sure about the size, I do like bigger knives.

An another not related thing is that DROP does not ship to my country.

I live in Austria, but they ship to Germany where they have much stronger knives laws than in Austria.

So I always have to send it to my sister-in-law, she has to pay customs and then send the knife to me in Vienna Austria. That drives the price up very much.

I'll sleep on it, maybe I'll order it, because I do very much love my keen and my dogtooth

Cheers
Matt

They engage with people on their own site, as that's where their customers actually are. I'm fairly impressed with how well they take customer feedback.

Thank you very much.

I don’t know how much pull you have at Massdrop but what is the advantage of not letting visitors to the site see that stuff?

Basically, the main reason why we hide our prices is so that webcrawlers can't see them. This also covers our collaboration products despite you can't find them anywhere else. I'm sure there's obviously some data showing that it helps us get new sign-ups too, but I know it can be annoying. Hence, I'll be using the right links here from now on so you guys don't hit the wall. :)

They screwed up about 1 in 3 of my orders, and IMO their business practices have been on the shady side at times (e.g. they started off marketing themselves as a "buy in bulk as a group to get a fantastic price" sort of thing but regularly sold knives at prices higher than directly available online knives stores offered when I checked them). I also hated the silly billboard on the blades, but to their credit they've moved to a much more tasteful logo. Now that they've morphed into a middleman that goes between the Chinese manufacturers and American designers, I can see how they might be really useful for the knife community overall but I'm over them--after all, I had missing parts, wrong products shipped, and products that didn't look like what was advertised when they arrived. In cases where a product was missing parts there was also no option to get the missing part, instead I was given small site credits (e.g. a $10 coupon). I'll stick to mostly buying knives from the exchange, direct from manufacturers or from whatever my current favorite online shops are (presently usamadeblade and knifecenter).

Every company has some hiccups and it's entirely possible my experience with them is just a matter of bad luck; after a dozen-ish orders I think I've given them more than enough of a chance, though.

I see you, Evilgreg. It's not easy making up for those crappy experiences. And some of our default options like the $10 credit doesn't always do the trick... Honestly wish like in your case we could just send the missing parts, but it's apparently not that easy I guess. I know it's a headache. Sorry about that :poop:.

Just to add more experiences...

I ordered something a while ago, but never got notified about its shipping status. So after a week I sent them a mail asking for updates. Talked with a very helpful lady, and received my product the next day.

About a week later, I received the product AGAIN.

So no complaints from me.

I'll give you a little context so it doesn't seem like I'm some corporate shill lol. I've certainly received enough flack for not being on here as much as I should, I certainly hope not to get flack for actually poking around. I'm a community manager. Doesn't mean I'm a Blades expert, or an Audiophile, or a Mech Keys enthusiast, but I try to connect with people above everything else. Normally that comes in the form of talking about our latest and greatest stuff, but any and all feedback I receive by virtue of being here be it customer support (shitty experience or not) or our products, I'm all ears. I usually take that stuff right to the respective teams so we can get better at doing all the things. Sorry for novel.

I've said for a long time we need to reach out beyond our core members in a better way so I'm making the effort here to connect with you guys.

Just to add more experiences...

I ordered something a while ago, but never got notified about its shipping status. So after a week I sent them a mail asking for updates. Talked with a very helpful lady, and received my product the next day.

About a week later, I received the product AGAIN.

So no complaints from me.

LOL! Ahhhhhh that's great.

I'll give you a little context so it doesn't seem like I'm some corporate shill lol. I've certainly received enough flack for not being on here as much as I should, I certainly hope not to get flack for actually poking around. I'm a community manager. Doesn't mean I'm a Blades expert, or an Audiophile, or a Mech Keys enthusiast, but I try to connect with people above everything else. Normally that comes in the form of talking about our latest and greatest stuff, but any and all feedback I receive by virtue of being here be it customer support (shitty experience or not) or our products, I'm all ears. I usually take that stuff right to the respective teams so we can get better at doing all the things. Sorry for novel.

I've said for a long time we need to reach out beyond our core members in a better way so I'm making the effort here to connect with you guys.
We appreciate you being here. As long as feedback from this forum can still improve your collaborations, I don't see any reason why the forum wouldn't be happy to have you here.

I've certainly received enough flack for not being on here as much as I should, I certainly hope not to get flack for actually poking around.

No, by all means, engage as much as you can here. I like seeing dealer engagement, especially when actual conversations can be had.

I'm going to pass on this one. I don't need or want a 3.4" ATCF. If you and Bob can come to terms and produce a larger 3.75"-4" drop/spearpoint version I'll happily be one of your first buyers.

64554873_148552716290321_7685562768310743818_n.jpg

(Little pic for inspiration.)

I'd love to have one of Bob's customs, but my wife always insists that we feed and clothe the children. Odd bird.

We appreciate you being here. As long as feedback from this forum can still improve your collaborations, I don't see any reason why the forum wouldn't be happy to have you here.

Thanks for havin' me. :)
No, by all means, engage as much as you can here. I like seeing dealer engagement, especially when actual conversations can be had.

I'm going to pass on this one. I don't need or want a 3.4" ATCF. If you and Bob can come to terms and produce a larger 3.75"-4" drop/spearpoint version I'll happily be one of your first buyers.

64554873_148552716290321_7685562768310743818_n.jpg

(Little pic for inspiration.)

I'd love to have one of Bob's customs, but my wife always insists that we feed and clothe the children. Odd bird.

Fair enough. (Sorry if I came off defensive heh)

And a question for the crowd... What do you guys think about the tanto blade? Seeing some comments that people aren't into it, but I guess I want to learn why. Going to take any opportunity (like I do with all of our communities) to get a bit more educated.

Your wife must be in league with mine. Weirdos.

I like the design, and may actually pick it up, but I do agree a larger version would be well received.

And a question for the crowd... What do you guys think about the tanto blade? Seeing some comments that people aren't into it, but I guess I want to learn why. Going to take any opportunity (like I do with all of our communities) to get a bit more educated.

A lot of folks don't like to sharpen tantos, and some think it is to mallninja-y.
Me, I like them.

Actually this board is always very receptive and grateful when companies are willing to engage with us.

I understand Massdrop’s policy is not to show the price but I know that many people including myself will not buy a knife without being able to see the details. If we can only see it on ones you come to give a link to wouldn’t that potentially chase away a lot of customers who want to just browse the site?

Also if someone is browsing and sees details on a knife and decides to sign up to get it wouldn’t that make them more likely to be return customers?

The price you guys could leave out until signing up if that’s your policy, although I imagine that would also be a strong advertising point. Once someone signs up they are sure to be more likely to purchase again.

Btw tanto blades are a preference thing and some people just don’t like them. Personally I love them but the usual reasons someone sites for not liking them are: looks too aggressive, has two edges that must be sharpened seperately, has no belly which means they are not the best skinners and #1 reason is often people think they look too self defense oriented when many knife users want a more utility less killity knife.

Back