Economic Stimulus....KMG give-away (Closed to further entries)

Yep, today is the day when the winner is determined.

I'm going to be away from the shop ..and a computer this afternoon, so I won't see the action until Monday when I get back.

Hopefully, there will be a clear winner. But if there is a dispute, we can work it out like the gentlemen that we are. Or I can just saw the KMG into pieces and send a piece to each proclaimed winner. :D:D

Oh boy! oh boy!...I can't wait to see what happens!

-Rob

Now that is cruel Rob . :eek: I think I like it :jerkit:

I think if you go look at how he comes up with the winner its the second and the 4th number reversed making 82 the winner. Im not positive but thats the way it looks.

Nerd? I thought you were a redneck...who allows the blowing up of anvils. lol Sorry I had to. Well this just sux. I missed this completely. Oh well I probably don't deserve it any way. My current grinder had to be fixed because my dumb butt didn't bolt it down. Thank goodness for good people.

-Mike Sheffield

Sorry Justin swear at nick here is how the contest was set up. If you agree, then pick a number from 00-99 and post it here online. We will use Friday's ( 3/20/09) close of the Dow Industrial average to determine the winner. The first person that picks the 2 digit number closest to the last 2 numbers friday's close...without going over...wins the KMG. We are only using the numbers on left of the decimal point.

For example:

here are some picks:

21, 37, 94, 14

and let's say the DOW closes at 7,493.21.

The key number is the 93. So, the winner will be the person that posted 37. If 2 people post 37.....the winner is the one that posted it first.

Each person can only post one number.

SO 78 is the key number and 87 is the winner I could be wrong but thats the way i read the contest. We will all know come monday. All i can say what a hell of a good guy to put up a prize like that, and not just one but 2 prizes. wow

Nick i read it over and over you might be right it does say the last 2 digits closest to the decimal. But then look at how the hell did 37 in his figures come out to be the winner in his example im confused . Ill have to say it makes more sence 78 is right.

Being new to the Buz and spending money on my NEW Hobby, which grinder should I go with? I know this may open a can of worms. I have a Sears 2x42 and I have a friend that has a Bader which runs circles around the Sears unit.
I have seen that grinding is a Fine Art and should be a college course.
Thanks in advance

Rob said NOTHING about reversing the numbers. NOTHING.

The only person that mentioned reversing the numbers was FOD, in order to generate an alternative winner for some of his handmade handle material.

Rob is taking the last two numbers to the left of the decimal point.

Dow closed at 7278.38

In Rob's example, the closing number that was relevant was 93. His example pics were 21, 37, 94, 14.

He said closest number WITHOUT GOING OVER. The 94 was over, so it would go to the pic of 37.

All of the available numbers were chosen, so the winner would have to have picked the EXACT number... 78. Which Justin picked.

Justin is clearly the winner.

Why are you reversing the 78 and coming up with 87? :)

Sorry, I don't mean to come off rude. It's just that Rob laid the rules out real clear, and with his method it should eliminate any misunderstandings and hard feelings from one guy thinking he should have won vs. another.

I just don't want to see Rob's VERY VERY VERY GENEROUS offer get muddied up by a dispute over the winner.

Unless you all just want me to have it. ;) :D

I appoligise Nick you were right,fod youll just have to keep saving for a grinder like me. Dont smoke pot nick use to but I dont even drink. My brother in law lives just over from you in vancouver use to be a leader in the drug sqwad now he is a CSI homiside investigator.Know of any meth labs i can relay the info to him. lol

Kelly, I tried to email you to apologize for coming off like I was jumping down your throat, but there's no email button in your profile.

If you ever visit your b-in-l you can grab Keith H and Lorien Arnold and drive down and have a little Canadian shin-dig/hammer-in at my shop :)

I emailed you nick and i accept your appoligiy I shoulda stayed out of it and read the post better. How far from coquitlam bc are you? my sister is there.

Justin congrats i wont even ask to buy it off youi just went to your site and upgrading from a coote to a kmg will be a dream come true.

Back