Recommendation? EDC folder

I’m sure this has been beat to def. But I have been looking for a while and am struggling, I think I’m too particular with what I’m looking for. Obviously looking for an edc folder but would like to remain $200 or less. It’s mainly a pocket knife but no slip joints or button locks. I like frame locks and liner locks and lock backs but could be open to other things. Blade is approx 3-3.5” drop point, but would really like a wharncliff or sheepsfoots/reverse tanto. Bronze washers are best due to environment around a farm. It will do some hard work but nothing ridiculous. I am currently carrying a Spyderco delica from 20 years ago and Ontario rat1 aus8 but I have about 50 knives just nothing jumping out at me. I’m not a Benchmade fan since my griptilian sheepsfoot does not impress me but I’m open to all suggestions. Thanks ahead of time for helping

Large Tanto Inkosi, oh sorry. I didnt see the price limit.

Save up and get a Large Tanto Inkosi 😂

There’s a book rich dad poor dad…. I’m not rich dad🙄

I have 3 Mkm isonzo’s I have a Spyderco stretch in k390 and a Native 5 LW with AWT scales on it, 3 rat folders and 2 delicas as my main pocket pals. I also have a few cold steels from a verdict tanto, AD10 and hunter both in s35vn and a recon1 also s35vn

There’s a book rich dad poor dad…. I’m not rich dad🙄

I have 3 Mkm isonzo’s I have a Spyderco stretch in k390 and a Native 5 LW with AWT scales on it, 3 rat folders and 2 delicas as my main pocket pals. I also have a few cold steels from a verdict tanto, AD10 and hunter both in s35vn and a recon1 also s35vn
As a real answer maybe you should take a look at the paramilitary 2 or the para 3. The magnacut salt variants and the cruwear variant of the para 2 is slightly over your budget, but they are great hard working knives.

The standard S45VN variants would most likely be fine as well, but for really hard work might be more prone to chipping at the edge or the tip.

I forgot that one cause it’s in my safe not on my bench but I have a para3 in s45vn camo scales. This is my dilemma as I like carrying it/all of them but none of them really do it for me. I could be looking for something wow but I carry a $35 rat1 and love the damned thing. It just works but it feels substantial and that may be the trick

Might be able to find a slightly used SpydieChef on the secondary market.

I forgot that one cause it’s in my safe not on my bench but I have a para3 in s45vn camo scales. This is my dilemma as I like carrying it/all of them but none of them really do it for me. I could be looking for something wow but I carry a $35 rat1 and love the damned thing. It just works but it feels substantial and that may be the trick
Nothing wrong with a rat 1 if it works and you like it! Delving into the knife sickness isn’t something I’d do if I could help it. If it aint broke… you know the rest!

I was going to suggest a Griptillian. What do you not like about the grip? It is objectively a much better knife than the Rat or Delica.
The grips feel cheap and mine is older 154cm steel and I’ve used it quite a bit but just Benchmade in general isn’t my thing. There are a few I love like the crooked river and the Osborne but the griptilian feels cheap to me

Maybe one of the Demko imports? The stuff out of the Pennsylvania shop would exceed your price range.
I’m truly ok with spending more I just don’t wanna go down the road I’ve been on. I’ve bought a few about 15 that are just meh. Ok at best, not bad knives in any way just nothing I can’t take out of my pocket. I’m in PA also so anything from here is a plus for me.

I have a rat1 and 2 in D2 also. I was hoping to like my recon1 more but I think it’s just too big for my liking. I can carry it fine but I was just expecting to like it more than I do. My son is gonna get quite the collection handed down to him😂

The grips feel cheap and mine is older 154cm steel and I’ve used it quite a bit but just Benchmade in general isn’t my thing. There are a few I love like the crooked river and the Osborne but the griptilian feels cheap to me
The grivory handles feel squishy but are pretty near indestructible. But if its not for you, its not for you.

How about a Hogue Ritter in Magnacut? Or GB2 in M4. I use knives hard at work and home and those 2 are my current favorites. They feel solid, too.

I’m truly ok with spending more I just don’t wanna go down the road I’ve been on. I’ve bought a few about 15 that are just meh. Ok at best, not bad knives in any way just nothing I can’t take out of my pocket. I’m in PA also so anything from here is a plus for me.
I'm a fan of the AD-20 with the Shark lock. Give them a look if you're of a mind. Great, strong lock, good steels available.

Here's a video with John Demko showing the knife and its simple disassembly / reassembly:

All opinions and what works best are all subjective.
Have you looked at K390 endela or a manix 2 ?
4laXB5W.jpg

Where do you guys like to purchase from online? I’ve been buying from knife center but I made one purchase each from blade hq and white mountain knives and smkw

I'm a fan of National Knives and DLT, both of whom support this site as well.
That’s cool cause my next questions was who if any support this site so thank you!!! Sorry for multiple one at a time posts I’m working today so back and forth with my attention span.

Back