Recommendation? EDC folder

The magnacut deka has the cheapest feeling grips of any knife i have owned. They are really soft and squishy. I replaced them. It is also smaller in hand
I've read this complaint pretty often.

Or another knife I've been considering due to its flatter sorta wharncliff blade shape is the spyderco Manix 2.

I'm like you, I have a delica and am really liking how a flatter less rounded blade cuts

The magnacut deka has the cheapest feeling grips of any knife i have owned. They are really soft and squishy. I replaced them. It is also smaller in hand
Agreed, a deka 2 purchase should have planned scale replacement, or find a g10 exclusive (DLT, knifecenter), but at that point it is shockingly good.

Or another knife I've been considering due to its flatter sorta wharncliff blade shape is the spyderco Manix 2.

I'm like you, I have a delica and am really liking how a flatter less rounded blade cuts
Plus just the cool factor of the wharncliff or sheepsfoot I like as well. Also like you said I like the way they cut but that could just be the way I use it too

Boker Field Folder 3.4”, runs on washers, pretty sturdy use.
No but that has kinda been #1 on the radar. I do like Kershaw but haven’t pulled the trigger just so I don’t buy another knife to take up more space in the safe. Also hoping for other colors than white
I am also waiting on some other colorway ops

So for CS I have 4 I think but really like the code4 but during the winter when it’s cold and hands are dry that’s not the best grip

I’m truly ok with spending more I just don’t wanna go down the road I’ve been on. I’ve bought a few about 15 that are just meh. Ok at best, not bad knives in any way just nothing I can’t take out of my pocket. I’m in PA also so anything from here is a plus for me.
What part of PA? Im in the Laurel Highlands

Easily done, and several options, Blade scales, flytanium, Original Goat. Can also use bugout thumbstuds to personalize even furrher.
Just worth noting that it is a necessity.
I can add to that
ZSe9jRV.jpg

My most carried knife is the Spyderco Native. I have six of them, all different steels and handle materials for every occasion... when in doubt, I go with a Native.
The Sage 1 (linerlock) would be the next in line for a 3" carry.

For a 3.5" carry, I like the GB2 more than the PM2.

On a second note do you guys know of a small fixed blade like the CRKT Folts wharncliff that has better steel? I like the little thing but it’s like 5cr steel and gold an edge for about 3 hay bails worth of twine

On a second note do you guys know of a small fixed blade like the CRKT Folts wharncliff that has better steel? I like the little thing but it’s like 5cr steel and gold an edge for about 3 hay bails worth of twine
SMKW had a D2 version, out of stock now is suspect.

Kershaw Random Leek. Good steel, easy to carry in the pocket. Reverse tanto tip nullifies the inherent weakness of the regular Wharncliffe tip. Only real downsides are possibly the weight given all-steel construction, right-hand bias for carry and unlocking, and slipperiness of the left scale.

The swayback is a favorite for your price range too.
GF2ayFS.jpg
I was just coming to recommend this. It is a cool knife and gives you 90% of Chris Reeve feel with all titanium handle and scary sharp hollow grind for about 40% of the price now that it's on clearance.

Also for low maintenance, great toughness, firm grip and sheer functionality the Hogue MagnaCut Ritter is also awesome. It's a dealer exclusive with a non-sponsor site, but Doug Ritter himself is a national knife rights advocate and participates here.

The Gayle Bradley 2 is also an awesome knife. CPM M4 is one of my favorite steels if you are ok with non-stainless. It feels very good in hand to me, though it is not fidget friendly. It takes a deliberate action to unlock the stout liner lock, but that is a deliberate choice by Gayle Bradley to prevent accidental unlocking under hard use.

Last edited:
Back