Recommendation? EDC folder

That’s cool cause my next questions was who if any support this site so thank you!!! Sorry for multiple one at a time posts I’m working today so back and forth with my attention span.

Here's a list of supporting dealers that we attempt to keep reasonably up to date:

Demko also has a sub-forum here...where you can get further info.

Hogue Deka ver. 2, USA made, 3.25” Magnacut, axis style bar lock, thin .09 thin, excellent mod wharncliff geometry. For the ultimate edc, add some blade scales, or other contoured after market scales, or buy a g10 model, and drop a lynch NW clip on it. All the knife you will need!

Hogue Deka
Yea that’s an option for sure. I was looking at an automatic version but not sure that is the most durable way to go. I have only 1 auto it’s a Boker strike. I’m pretty sure I bought it just to have an auto
The Deka is like a Benchmade but better?

Yea that’s an option for sure. I was looking at an automatic version but not sure that is the most durable way to go. I have only 1 auto it’s a Boker strike. I’m pretty sure I bought it just to have an auto
Well I have multiple bugouts, but the deka gets carried and used way, way more. It is clearly superior in all aspects. The bugout is fun for modding d/t the ubiquitous nature of aftermarket parts.

If you're cool with foreign made, like the Demko. There are a couple of Vero Axons in the exchange for a silly good price, if they're still available. Similar to this.

download (15).jpeg

I just scored a 3V AD20.5 there for myself. Going to try it on for a while and see if a US made is worth the price for me.

The deka is great, the polymer grips on the magnacut will need replacing though.
Easily done, and several options, Blade scales, flytanium, Original Goat. Can also use bugout thumbstuds to personalize even furrher.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 3
Don’t mean to come off as a Deka fanboy, but out of 100+ folders, it is still the go to for most days. Your milage may vary.

Demko 20.5 is a good option as well. Also needs aftermarket contoured scales to improve ergos.

The Deka has far worse grips than your Griptillian. It is also much smaller

I love my Demko Sharksfoot excellent work knife. The G10 s35vn can be found for $200 used if you look. The pm2 Crucarta can be found for a reasonable price if you buy used. But I hate mine so I don't recommend it.

I have a plain grip and a fancy grip. They don't feel much like the same knife. My fancy grip is a G10 with M4 blade and it is a great knife.

Maybe look at a Spyderco manix 2?

$200 can buy you a fair amount on the used market.

I recently picked up a Spyderco endela Wharnecliff ffg fully serrated for $60 and it's a fantastic work knife... As a mechanic anyways

Have you seen the Kershaw Belair? I've been carrying spydercos lately but that Kershaw with its almost wharncliff blade shape in hard magnacut with an axis lock. It's in the back of my mind for sure. Or the houge deka, but I like the Kershaw better.

Can you elaborate a little cause the deka was on my target list
The magnacut deka has the cheapest feeling grips of any knife i have owned. They are really soft and squishy. I replaced them. It is also smaller in hand

Pardon the crappy pic. My deka with Wilkins? Scales and Fullsize Ritter.

Edit, they seem close in size in the pic but the Ritter is much more substantial in hand.

20240421_132051.jpg

Have you seen the Kershaw Belair? I've been carrying spydercos lately but that Kershaw with its almost wharncliff blade shape in hard magnacut with an axis lock. It's in the back of my mind for sure. Or the houge deka, but I like the Kershaw better.
No but that has kinda been #1 on the radar. I do like Kershaw but haven’t pulled the trigger just so I don’t buy another knife to take up more space in the safe. Also hoping for other colors than white

Back