Edc hard use knives used hard

About the hardest use of a knife for me is whittling a stick. Gor grins and giggles, I usually make tent pegs and never use them. But hey, I'm a retired financial advisor and when I need to use a tool for a job, I grab a tool made for the job. I do carry a Leatherman Wave (along with a couple other knives in my glove box).

About the hardest use of a knife for me is whittling a stick. Gor grins and giggles, I usually make tent pegs and never use them. But hey, I'm a retired financial advisor and when I need to use a tool for a job, I grab a tool made for the job. I do carry a Leatherman Wave (along with a couple other knives in my glove box).
Are you telling me you don’t stab your blades full-force into concrete? That you don’t bust open safes with the pure power of good ol’ 1095? Heresy in this here hard use thread, sir.

The hardest use/abuse of a knife that I have ever done was digging (stabbing, twisting, cutting) the garden to install some plastic edging. The ground is a mixture of rocks/pebbles, sand, and dirt covered by grass with deep roots. The knife was a kershaw (?) folder. After the job was done, the blade rattled loudly when locked and there were tons of dings and scratches to the blade. I disposed it to the garbage. Not taking a shot at kershaw because I do not believe any locking knives can survive that kind of abuse.

Back