EDC III Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlie Mike, the wave feature is TIG welded on. I didn't personally weld it though. I had a friend weld it for me. I mainly specialize in structural steel and pipe welding, not TIG.

The hook doesn't just work as a wave feature, it also makes a decent thumb ramp and a darn good bottle opener : ) In fact, the bottle opening feature is why I made it into an over-sized hook shape instead of a Emerson style wave : ) I gave it a test last weekend. I opened all 12 bottles quickly and efficiently. As you can see, I also acid etched the blade with Ferric Chloride.

That is awesome! I'm having Rainy Vallotton do the same to my Dalton Twins.

I carry one of my Contego's on most days. This one has some carbon scales I got off eBay pretty cheap. I'll keep them on until I get new ones from Keyman.

That is incredible. Can't wait to see what Keyman does for you. Please post pics!

Whoa! info for that evan? That's gorgeous!

Thanks man!

Its a super blue san mai kogatana by Shosui Takeda. The handle work and sheath were done by Josh Mason to my specs. I sourced the menuki and the kydex, he already had the ray skin. It's actually navy blue but its overcast today, couldn't get the color to show.

Beautiful Knife Evan!!

Native 5 & Cadet+ For Me:

Thanks!

You have great taste as well, particularly the sak ;) I haven't seen anyone else carrying the copper/red shield config.

I have knife in the works that will wear thunderstorm kevlar and that native makes the wait even harder.

XPNcGgG.jpg
I'm carrying a modded Voyager XL.

Very cool. I think the XL voyager definitely gets better with a wave. Here is the one I did awhile back. I made it removable and attached via the thumbstuds. I actually have plans on changing mine up a bit, but its far back on the workbench to do list.

I finally had a chance to get a decent shot. The overcast sky yesterday afternoon provided the perfect light. This is the knife, the new crown jewel of my collection, from my bud Erik. Customized 0801, absolute perfection.

13970783752_fc3dd46803_b.jpg

Charlie Mike, That's a beautiful set you have. It's cool that they have apposing locks too.

iwouldhurtafly, I like what you did with your wave attachment. I usually don't like to permanently modify my knives, but my Voyager was beat up already.

Pocketmuk (middle) in my right pocket.

7380CA1D-65F5-4A35-9C9E-E564509AF6A8_zps9lcz2tgs.jpg

BK-11 on my belt. Charlow in my pocket.

42aaf79e8f3db37bf35d3ae1963c60dc_zps7a8c4d76.jpg

875C137D-C753-4DAC-8442-F1820158082E_zps62r2qkci.jpg

Pocketmuk (middle) in my right pocket.

7380CA1D-65F5-4A35-9C9E-E564509AF6A8_zps9lcz2tgs.jpg

BK-11 on my belt. Charlow in my pocket.

42aaf79e8f3db37bf35d3ae1963c60dc_zps7a8c4d76.jpg

875C137D-C753-4DAC-8442-F1820158082E_zps62r2qkci.jpg

You're really taking a turn towards traditionals it seems. I did the same. How is that working with your job... You are a parachute instructor right?

You're really taking a turn towards traditionals it seems. I did the same. How is that working with your job... You are a parachute instructor right?

Sure am. On both counts. I'm an instructor and usually only have a folder clipped to my waistband while I jump. Hook knife on my rig of course for anytime something should ever go wrong. Mostly just gets used to trim threads hanging off my jumpsuit. ;)

Yesterday....
13903779185_84918496b3_h.jpg

Today....
13884433561_8ae536ae1a_h.jpg

Erik, I am lovin' that Native!
Evan, That kogatana is sweeeeeeeeeeeet!.....I'll go work on your knife now. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back