EDC Pistols: What's in your holsters?

dco2wY1.jpg

One of my CCW

Attachments

• DC02DB74-A34E-4ADA-840E-96FC006F2621.jpeg
    DC02DB74-A34E-4ADA-840E-96FC006F2621.jpeg
    381.3 KB · Views: 25
I've been sort of looking for a Sig MK25 at a good price for a long time. I already have a plain Jane 226 & a Legion 226 SAO, so it's not something that I HAD to have, so it wasn't a big deal. Then last month a guy on a local firearms forum put this new, unused, never even loaded one on sale for a really good price. I contacted him & naturally offered him $100 less than the perfectly reasonable asking price, and to my surprise, he accepted. So...I got it for $800 & it's been my EDC ever since.

DSC00133-X2.jpg

I know that warning on the barrel wouldn't exist without a reason for being there, but I've never seen a .357 Magnum round that has a bullet weighing less than 120 gr.

I know that warning on the barrel wouldn't exist without a reason for being there, but I've never seen a .357 Magnum round that has a bullet weighing less than 120 gr.

I frequently carry Winchester 110 grain lead nosed semi jacketed how points in my Sp101 or stainless S&W model 66 with a 6 inch barrel.

It'll do the trick. Fast, explosive expansions, the nose fragments and the core penetrates.

It depends on what I'm wearing. If I have a heavier winter jacket I carry a 3-inch Kimber .45 ACP 1911.

In the warmer parts of the year I lug around a SIG P238--and it's lighter to carry!

The reason I heard for the light bullet restriction was the chance of bullet inertia pull out. The super light revolver recoils so heavily that the bullets in the unfired rounds in the cylinder pull forward under recoil and may jam cylinder rotation.

The reason I heard for the light bullet restriction was the chance of bullet inertia pull out. The super light revolver recoils so heavily that the bullets in the unfired rounds in the cylinder pull forward under recoil and may jam cylinder rotation.

The reason I heard is the titanium cylinder is susceptible to flame cutting/erosion from the lighter bullets traveling at higher speeds.

Anyone else stepping up their CCW in this panic stupidity ? I normally just carry a Glock G42 out and about. I have been packing a G29 or G20 the last few days

Not in my case, but I've been carrying a Glock 26 for three years now. I stepped mine up long before things got crazy.

Back