EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Lets see if Sp draw will manage to not get blisters somewhere besides of fingers looking at this.

15833431884700.jpg

It has started to feel like early spring already. Early spring is the right time for a bit of Japanese flair (think Cherry blossom season :)). I picked up an interesting knife today - it is steeped in Japanese tradition, but built with modern materials and innovation.

WHxHkxb.jpg

p7zAAW8.jpg

ke9hEES.jpg

Massdrop x Dew Hara Limited Edition Kabuto Button Lock Folder
It gets its name from helmets worn by ancient Japanese soldiers. Traditionally, Kabutos (Japanese for “helmet”) were made with a series of overlapping metal panels for protection. Here, you can see some of that overlapping construction evoked in the handle.
8.3" overall length with a 3.5" CPM-S35VN blade.
CF handle with TI liners. Handle thickness 4.8". Weighs 3.8 oz.
The Kabuto is a push button folder that locks both in the opened and closed positions, and the blade can be easily deployed by flicking your wrist while pushing down the button.
Designed by Dew Hara from Japan.

It has started to feel like early spring already. Early spring is the right time for a bit of Japanese flair (think Cherry blossom season :)). I picked up an interesting knife today - it is steeped in Japanese tradition, but built with modern materials and innovation.

WHxHkxb.jpg

p7zAAW8.jpg

ke9hEES.jpg

Massdrop x Dew Hara Limited Edition Kabuto Button Lock Folder
It gets its name from helmets worn by ancient Japanese soldiers. Traditionally, Kabutos (Japanese for “helmet”) were made with a series of overlapping metal panels for protection. Here, you can see some of that overlapping construction evoked in the handle.
8.3" overall length with a 3.5" CPM-S35VN blade.
CF handle with TI liners. Handle thickness 4.8". Weighs 3.8 oz.
The Kabuto is a push button folder that locks both in the opened and closed positions, and the blade can be easily deployed by flicking your wrist while pushing down the button.
Designed by Dew Hara from Japan.

That thing is wild lookin!

It has already made a huge impression on me and I’m feeling quite fortunate to have one now! The edge on it just puts my other knives to shame lol
That makes me happy to hear B :) I’ve been very pleased with the performance of their dendritic cobalt so far too. Props to @T.L.E. Sharp for that brilliant bevel job. Hope y’all are having an excellent day

Im diggin that protech SNG and hope to pick one up if they come back in stock with the G10.
Thanks Brother im really happy with it.
It’s a great carry and just a really nice well balanced auto. My only beef with it was the pocket clip that comes with them which actually is a hand made TI Strider clip. Nice clip but mine was so tight you couldn’t slide it on to your pocket unless using 2 hands or 3 maybe if you had a extra lol it was that tight.So took some time to break in and with a little tweaking now it’s absolutely perfect nice and tight but you can slide it in no problem. I imagine though the pocket clip tightness might vary from knife to knife.
Edit:
Here’s a poor quick after McDonald’s/lunch pic lol of the clip.
WP6SYRc.jpg

Last edited:
I stayed with Hinderer today and carried my 3.5 XM18 Dragon while I worked on the gutters again, laying out, cutting and bending the last two-piece section of gutter proper before moving on to fabbing the joining splines and end caps. I've been working with my new Austrian Stubai Bavarian-style combo snips and they're starting to break in nicely. There's a bit of a learning curve as they handle quite differently than what I'm used to, but they're really sharp and can cut a very fine line as you can see by the less-than-a-sixteenth curl I trimmed off one of the end caps.

uRxayuR.jpg

Later I had to run up to my son's house to measure the aprons and corner flashing for the back of the house as the roofers got that stripped today after they finished shingling the front.

rbTvDih.jpg

Last edited:
Back