EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Ah man, I want that Lego set too! Vintage cars are just breathtaking.

I'm fortunate enough to live about 30 minutes from a fairly large car museum, so I get to see some pretty sweet stuff there.

As a kid my uncle lived with us a few years, drove a 67 Camaro RS with a slightly modded 350. Cool car, terrible daily driver in Chicago. Down in Texas grandma drove a 1980 280ZX.

What did I learn to drive on?

Grandpa's 1966 International Scout. Which still runs to this day, over 300k on it.

Knives and cars and guns. But I prefer my SUV now. When I was 23, my heavily modded 92 Camaro was a blast. Now, I cringe at the thought of folding this 6'3" body into something like that.

Piranha X today.

tCPC0xi.jpg

Thanks brother this version is the "SSE black" which is factory CKF. The seller said its like a stonewashed DLC finish but im not for sure. I actually wasn't sold on it in the pics initially but it was a good deal and actually looks pretty nice in person. Im pretty happy with the knife overall.

That MILK is a sweet one as well. Been hunting one for a while now at the right price but may just have to pony up next time since they don't come up that often.

Beautiful SSE! I dig the blade etching and copper. Definitely one of a kind.

I found an SSE like yours at a Russian dealer just before heading off to bed last night, impetuously pulled the trigger, and looked for the PP invoice this morning. Instead, I got a message that regular Russian Post is unavailable and I would have to pony up for EMS courier. Ordinarily I might have done so, but, given the current state of things, took it as an opportunity to show better judgement and cancel the order. The knife wasn't a particularly good deal, adding EMS drove the price up over a more daunting-looking amount, and I'm not fond of that particular dealer anyway. I'll just keep my eyes peeled for one on the secondary market.

Amazing view. I lived in Poulsbo when I was stationed at the Bangor submarine base and spent quite a bit of time hiking in those mountains.

My son was a submariner for 12 years but on the east coast. Kings Bay, Groton, and in Virginia for the building, christening, and commissioning of the Indiana.
Two knives for wooden Wednesday. A Buck 110 I bought in 1975 and a CRK.

Excellent choices. Those are my two main folding knife brands too. What do you think of the Bush Ranger? :0

I think it lacks a bit of size/length as that's what I like about the Recon 1 but the Bush Ranger is built more for strength and more for outdoors uses.Thicker G-10 scales and a Thicker/Beefer Pivot and a Large Pivot Headed screw.A sharp blade spine ment for fire steel use.Where as Recon 1 comes perfect - no sharp edges, a razor sharp edge and a super ergonomic glove like fit

The things that I didn't like were all the sharp edges on the inside of the handle and lock bar and a dull blade.The G-10 was easily sanded down and the edges of lockbar bevel with the medium sharpmaker rod then polished.

My son was a submariner for 12 years but on the east coast. Kings Bay, Groton, and in Virginia for the building, christening, and commissioning of the Indiana.
Two knives for wooden Wednesday. A Buck 110 I bought in 1975 and a CRK.

Takes a difference kind of person to go out to sea on a vessel that sinks on purpose. I spent 22 years doing it and retired last year. Was fortunate to live in many places your son lived in addition to living out West and in Hawaii.

Back on topic, that Sebenza is a beauty. For me, this came today in the mail from an upstanding member here on the forum. Already wiped down with some mineral oil and is in my pocket (though not when I was taking this picture).

VgbsNhy.jpg

Back