EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

I spent the first 40 years of my career working outdoors building houses every winter and was pretty comfortable down into the teens unless the wind was blowing or the footing got too icy. I spent one winter early on in Vermont and that was the only one I took off. Now, in our later years, we go up to our place in the woods there, and I'm fine with our wood-heat-only cabin but there are times you really can't stay outside and do anything for very long unless you're totally bundled up. Still, I'd rather that than the last two days working at my son's in 95 degree heat and high humidity. :thumbsdown:
We get extremes down here. Normally it goes from teens to single digit winters, about two weeks of spring and then miserable summers. This year we actually got a good spring. It’s been hot here but not miserable honestly. That first hot day of the year usually gets to me then you get used to it. We only have had one week or two of triple digit heat index. When I’m drenched in sweat by 630am, that’s when I know it’s hot

That Biryukov is a beauty @ChazzyP . @Fullflat and TenShun705 TenShun705 have both been bad influences
on me. I was just trying to be one of the kool kidz yesterday.:p

Lazy day around the house for me. Too dang hot and muggy to do much.
Carried the Case today.

ES0TPsD.jpg

It's been a week since I've posted anything, I was in the Sierras on a family trip and "Unplugged" For a while. It was really nice to get away from being chained to my phone and be close to my family.

I didn't take a bunch of knife pics but I did take a few cool pictures here and there.

Shaver lake:
lIXEZwoh.jpg

Dinky Creek:
1M2h2gNh.jpg

RGuPM6rh.jpg

Rainbow fire dust:
5CTiVpsh.jpg

Here is my Mula X on my sugar cane tree:
BJKAVawh.jpg

Man I miss the mountains already but its nice to be back to real life. Hope everyone had a great week!

It's been a week since I've posted anything, I was in the Sierras on a family trip and "Unplugged" For a while. It was really nice to get away from being chained to my phone and be close to my family.

I didn't take a bunch of knife pics but I did take a few cool pictures here and there.

Shaver lake:
lIXEZwoh.jpg

Dinky Creek:
1M2h2gNh.jpg

RGuPM6rh.jpg

Rainbow fire dust:
5CTiVpsh.jpg

Here is my Mula X on my sugar cane tree:
BJKAVawh.jpg

Man I miss the mountains already but its nice to be back to real life. Hope everyone had a great week!
My wife is a beach person. I have no problem heading back home after a week at the beach. Luckily my son loves being in the woods with me. That right there is a place I’d hate to leave and would be chomping at the bit to get back to. Hope you enjoyed it man. Looks beautiful.

My wife is a beach person. I have no problem heading back home after a week at the beach. Luckily my son loves being in the woods with me. That right there is a place I’d hate to leave and would be chomping at the bit to get back to. Hope you enjoyed it man. Looks beautiful.

Ya I live at the beach so I get my fair share but the mountains are always special to me too. My wife on the other hand hates the beach so I'm always trying to drag her and she wants to bring the dog and the baby so it becomes a chore instead of a quick day at the beach. Sometimes I make a "Job Site Visit" at the beach and body surf then grab a beer and some tacos after. Wife doesn't seem to notice when I come home sandy and tan haha. I'm shooting for another trip to the mountains next month perhaps if all goes well. Have a good one as well sir!

This guy's been in my pocket since I finished the walnut scales a couple of weeks ago. First time trying my hand at checkering (and it shows; probably shouldn't have gone with 24 lpi).

8UfekA1l.jpg

w25nl04l.jpg

Looks great. I am a fan of wood checkering. Lots of great memories fondling an firearm out in the boonies.

I am actually surprised it’s not offered on knives more often.

iGdpxHs.jpg
TIFgaRO.jpg

This is how my day started, on my way to work. Car swerved over in my lane. I moved over and got my tires off the shoulder and well...
Was able to drive away after the tow truck pulled me out. Had my SMF in my pocket and had to cut the plastic fender well off because it was rubbing my tire. Below is the trusty SMF.
HZiiIoW.jpg

Glad no one got hurt and you made it out ok.

The driver of the car is lucky they didn’t connect with your armor!

Rough day for me, but a personal issue. I haven't gotten more than a few hours of sleep since Friday. Didn't eat for almost 48 hours. Ended up leaving work early, though technically I'm not working, and it's a family business.

Carried this little guy today. Disappears in the pocket. Open a blister pack of Zyrtec and another blister pack and the blade seems just as sharp.

I really like the para 3 platform.

OqE8Za7.jpg

Take care of yourself man. You’ve had to weather through some tough times, but you have a good heart and are strong dude!

Back