EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Carrying the ridiculous, and totally metal, Daggerr Vendetta again today. :D

IsRWuW2.jpg

Hell yeah, 40K!

image.jpg

One of the things I've come to appreciate about quality folding knives is the improvement in their action over the course of their break-in periods. Almost all brand new well-made knives flip, flick, close better almost immediately after a few cycles, but most of them also show a significant improvement in action over the long term as well. It's fun to crack 'em open, interior polish, and change lubricants for an immediate acceleration of that process and it's sometimes necessary in effecting a profound change. My largest and smallest Shiro's, for example wouldn't free-drop without that work and are now perhaps my two freest flippers and closers.

On the other hand, I've left some, like my Cherburkov Scout, to come into their own without any help but a couple tiny drops of W10 NanoOil, and that knife has come to be one of the most satisfyingly smooth, hydraulically drop shut flippers I own. Which brings me to today's Framelock Flipper Friday carry. I've had my Voron about fifteen months now, and while it's not yet a free-dropper, it requires just a light shake to effect a nicely damped drop and seems to get just a little smoother and freer every time I give it a day's carry, use, and numerous obligatory fidgety opening/closing cycles.

cwwcRMh.jpg

i5dBItw.jpg

Today I'll be mostly front flipping these fidget friendly little f.... erm... monkeys. ;)

Pena X-Series FF (including zulu, swayback and apache blades).

zV6HZl1.jpg

nuPLBKP.jpg

SZE95Hn.jpg

Saaaaaweeet! Pena’s stuff is awesome.
If your looking for a new home for the Green Micarta one, I’m looking to adopt. ;)

Back