EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

The Redención 229 and XM-18 both saw pocket time today; the Pocket Bushman is a new arrival. Even though it's likely headed for a camping bag and a future of batoning suitable for a nigh-indestructible $27 knife...I still had to give it a new fob. :D

Definitely one to file under "knives you don't just hand people," too! :eek:

gfXpGmh.jpg

Whenever possible, our Sunday routine starts with church followed by breakfast/brunch at one of our “go-to” Sunday restaurants.

For nearly 22 years of marriage I’ve consistently bitched and moaned about having to get up early on Sunday, ditch the weekend sweats and tee for something a bit nicer, sit through service and then head over for a meal I never bother to eat during the week.

And through nearly 22 years of marriage........I’ve rarely felt better and more content than I do by the time Sunday afternoon rolls around.

Gotta be honest; left to my own devices I’d most likely sleep late and do nothing but loaf around the house on most Sundays. But church is extremely important to my wife, so whenever our schedules allow I reluctantly agree.

Funny thing is, I always enjoy it...particularly when our son and his girlfriend can join us. I feel better, it makes my wife happy and it’s slow-paced quality time with the people I love.

I guess the question I’m pondering right now is why I even bother fighting it. I mean, I clearly enjoy our Sunday routine.....but I guarantee I still ain’t gonna want to get my ass outta bed come next Sunday morning.

Sorry....I had absolutely no idea where this train was heading when it left the station. I took a wonky-ass left turn when we pulled out and I seem to have jumped the rails and landed us somewhere deep in the Everglades.

Ok, let me see if I can steer this thing home.....

A while back I dubbed this knife “My Sunday Morning Carry”. It’s really the only time I take it out of the box, and it’s what I had in my pocket while I was still wearing pants with pockets today.

I think at the end of the day, this log-winded post is just my way of providing some context to today’s carry. I owe the pleasure of its company to my wife.....because without her there’d be no need for a dedicated Sunday carry.

And because of her, Sunday’s may just be my favorite day of the week; despite all the early morning bitching and complaining I still tend to do.

KbbrAcX.jpg

This is a great shot. :) You should post it over in Knives and Critters thread too. ;)
Thanks for the compliment, it’s been awhile since I’ve posted in K&C and that’s a fun thread to look through too, I will.

Finished with the project from the previous page. I think I'm gonna end up going longer with the stonewash at some point, but now you can get the idea of what I was going for. Feels good to get the idea out of my head and in the flesh at least. Speaking of flesh, it was a one Band-Aid job. Ironically I cut myself while taping the blade for safety o_O

Ct5EaFu.jpg

fIMarVK.jpg
I really like the look you accomplished, one is in my cart right now just waiting for me to pull the trigger on it. I’d choose yours without waiting in a heartbeat.

Outstanding:cool:
Thank you too for the compliment. It was a spur of the moment shot as I really wanted to get a pic of the Kestrel that kept buzzing through. These 2 are a mated pair going on their third year now here in the yard. Sometimes those quick shots turn out better than the ones I try to plan out.

Monday's carry
Viz1Zg9.jpg

EDIT: Got the little hot rod out today on this beautiful sunny 80 degree day testing out a new GoPro camera to get ready for my track days :thumbsup:
https://i.imgur.com/DJsYOOV.mp4
Nice video. I haven’t rode for years, but going on those country rides just for the fun of it are surely my best riding memories. Thanks for sharing.

Back