Elusive Schrades

I'm still hoping for more information on this knife! It's a bit over 4" long, and has a curved stamp with pick bone handles! I've posted before, but these are new pics. So far, I haven't found it in a catalog, but maybe I missed it?? If it's not in the books, it is likely from before 1926 or so.
It's a big, macho Beauty!!:cool: IMO!!:Dfour inch arc stamp 1.jpg four inch arc stamp 2.jpg

Last edited:
I can tell you all about that knife, Charlie, but to do so, I have to have it in hand. I will tell you this much: Most Schrade people believe that arch stamp was only used before 1920, or 1918, or 1917, or before WWI, depending on who you talk to. What a beautiful knife. I have a heartache. No...wait... I guess it's a backache; I just finished wheelbarrowing 20 loads of landscaping rock. Time for red wine and ibuprofen.

That's quite the knife there Charlie! Stunning! What you are saying about the age goes with the era of the Bone doesn't it! Charlie did Schrade not have any Catalogs earlier than '28 - even in a singular paged form?
Love that Swage Work and bone! Wow!

lol, Charlie- sending it to Cal would be a mistake, I think results from study of that Knife would be far better in New Zealand, so get it packaged up!:D:D

Edit: - Whoa!! Cal that was Quick! :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That's quite the knife there Charlie! Stunning! What you are saying about the age goes with the era of the Bone doesn't it! Charlie did Schrade not have any Catalogs earlier than '28 - even in a singular paged form?
Love that Swage Work and bone! Wow!
If any catalog printed before the 1926 one ever shows up, it would command big money.

I love the big jacks, Charlie, primo example:eek::eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I'm still hoping for more information on this knife! It's a bit over 4" long, and has a curved stamp with pick bone handles! I've posted before, but these are new pics. So far, I haven't found it in a catalog, but maybe I missed it?? If it's not in the books, it is likely from before 1926 or so.
It's a big, macho Beauty!!:cool: IMO!!:DView attachment 1543774 View attachment 1543775

Picked this up about a month ago. Schrade Cut Co jack in black and cream celluloid. Hint of blue in the black that makes the black pop a bit.

wQiKkn9.jpg

Back