Elusive Schrades

This Schrade Walden 804 Whittler arrived today, been looking for a bone handled one for awhile and this ones not to bad. Has some staining and pitting and the blades have been poorly sharpened but it still has its etch and the blades are close to full.

View attachment 1011812 View attachment 1011813 View attachment 1011814 View attachment 1011815
Definitely elusive! I searched for a nice bone example diligently for well over a year and finally settled on a mint jigged delrin... very nice find Augie! :):thumbsup:

I’ve had these two knives for quite sometime. But I’m don’t know too much about them. Got them at a garage sale a few years ago, and just started using them without a second thought.

KEaZ3Ff.jpg

I’ve had these two knives for quite sometime. But I’m don’t know too much about them. Got them at a garage sale a few years ago, and just started using them without a second thought.

KEaZ3Ff.jpg
Looks like an 899 (right) and 766 (left)?

Yes sir! One on the right does indeed say 899. But the other has no number. Thank you for that!
I really like that 899, looks like it is actually peachseed bone but it is hard to tell from the picture... could be synthetic. Yours looks like an earlier model so I wouldn't be surprised if that is bone. Since it is a Schrade Walden it was made between 1947 and 1973.

upload_2018-10-30_6-16-27.png

Here's the one I have ;)

SW899-1A.JPG

Some great Schrade examples on the last two pages.
waynorth, that Moose is a monster!!! :)
Augie, very nice fish and Whittler models.
V.P., beautiful condition on the Schrade Walden.
And two nice examples from PStone.

Here is a pre-war Schrade Cut. sterling-handled spring-fired gentleman's knife.

View attachment 1011924
So many types of knives so little time! Nice example Herder :):thumbsup:

Some great Schrade examples on the last two pages.
waynorth, that Moose is a monster!!! :)
Augie, very nice fish and Whittler models.
V.P., beautiful condition on the Schrade Walden.
And two nice examples from PStone.

Here is a pre-war Schrade Cut. sterling-handled spring-fired gentleman's knife.

View attachment 1011924
Exquisite example, Herder ! Thanks for the treat :D:thumbsup:

Not much elusive, but I got this 881 in a trade here on the Porch. I really should use it more often, love the peachseed. The tang stamp reads SCHRADE over WALDEN over N.Y. U.S.A. Does that make it 1947-1973 like veitsi_poika veitsi_poika said?

co2Wurj.jpg
Cool knife:):thumbsup: The first year Schrade made the 881 was 1952 and they stopped using the Schrade Walden name in 1973... 1952-1973 :thumbsup:

upload_2018-10-31_6-31-34.png

Back