English Jack Extravaganza

Queen released a very decent version in their QCCC series, bone, ebony and stag I believe.

Regards, Will
Yes, it's the one in the upper right corner of the picture I posted above. The one I have is called Antique Green Bone. In addition to the ones in Ebony and Stag that you mentioned, they also released one in Winterbottom Bone. I would love to be able to collect all four.

-- Notice: These are not my pictures and I'm sorry, I don't recall where I got them. --

Antique Green Bone
QCCCAntiqueGreenboneEnglishJack.jpg

Ebony
QCCCEbonyWoodEnglishJack.jpg

Stag
QCCCStagEnglishJack.jpg

Winterbottom Bone
QCCCWinterbottomBoneEnglishJack.jpg

That is very sweet.

Thanks Steve. It's about the same size frame as a standard Doctors Knife, maybe a skoosh fatter. I haven't done a side by side comparison so I'm not sure about that.

Colonel -- Thank you very indeedly and a fine Sunday morining to you, sir.

Edit: BTW. In case there is any confusion. I only own one of those QCCC English Jacks, the one with Antique Green handles. Sure would love to find and acquire the other three.

pl10.jpg

The bottom two center on this old Ulster plate are a couple one would like to come across. I missed the one with the fancy bolsters on eBay once, it kas a long pull that goes to the tang... sorry for the rest of the plate for showing jacks that don't belong. :D

Here's a Northwoods Scagel. Thanks again Charlie!

scagelbarlow.jpg

It's a great, big brute of a knife. Look how it compares to my puukko.

scagelbarlow6.jpg

- Christian

You are welcome Christian! Nice seeing that looonnng Sheepfoot, Eisman

I put together a couple of scans this morning. The first is an older scan, showing at left an older (pre-peachseed) Schrade Cut Co, a later Schrade Walden with Sawcut bone covers, very unusual! Maybe their jigging machine was broken!? The third knife is a Schatt and Morgan. Some include this S&M in the Sleeveboard English Jack category, because of it's rounded Bolster.
EnglishJacks_zps1a3a09f9.jpg

This next picture has most of my Schrades in it, a Winchester and an Ulster.
The left knife is a Winchester (which still belongs to Lyle, until I find him a good trade!). The Win has obvious Schrade fingerprints on it, but it is not quite identical as you may see in the next pic! The second knife is a rare lockback, only one of two I have ever seen so far!
The third is an Ulster LB, and considered a Slim English Jack.
Then a Buffalo Cut (shown a few posts back) A Schade Cut with no shield, and a Schrade Cut with no pen blade.
EnglishSix1_zps6f263e18.jpg

The Winchester is unusual in that it is not identical to the analogous Schrade. It is a hair longer, and a hair wider. 1/16-3/32" or so in each case.
I guess there are a couple of possible explanations.
EnglishSix2_zpsd5edaa01.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Thanks for showing!

Some absorbing stuff there Charlie, really taken with that Schrade Sawcut, beautiful colour. The slim Ebony LB is strikingly fine, any idea of the age of that one? I suspect a real oldie.

Regards, Will

Often, English Jacks are lockers Greg. Nice knife.
Great Boker, Lyle. Not often found in that configuration!

Love that Schatt Premier jack Jerry, it's sweet!

Something else for the wish list, which is getting far too big :D

I knew there were some magnificent treasures out there. I adore every contribution!! Thanks to everyone and keep the food coming.

Thanks for showing!

Some absorbing stuff there Charlie, really taken with that Schrade Sawcut, beautiful colour. The slim Ebony LB is strikingly fine, any idea of the age of that one? I suspect a real oldie.

Regards, Will

Will, the Ulster has older markings, and could easily be from around the turn of the last century. The company goes back to 1876 or so. Eventually sold to Albert Baer ~1941.

Charlie, I wanted to specifically thank you for your digging out these wonderful English Jacks and sharing your knowledge. You make it feel wonderful to be this humble student!! :D

What I know is a drop in the ocean, Gev. The real Schrade scholars are off doing other stuff. I miss them!

Back