1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Enuff is Enuff

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by whetrock, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    I put a secondary bevel on the blade, basically making it a convexed kind of blade profile, so when you pinch the blade and slide your fingers down to the edge and off the blade, there is no hard transition or feel of any kind of a shoulder to the very edge cutting bevel, makes for a very smooth cutter now, while still having some width for your thumb on the spine, nice little blade here and I'd be up for one with a steel upgrade myself.
    G2

2. Sal Glesser

Sal Glesser Moderator Moderator

Dec 27, 1998
    The next "upgrade" will be an H1 version.

sal

3. Alnamvet68

Alnamvet68

Mar 26, 2013
    While I am in the market for a sub-3" fixed blade, and the Enuff appears to be what I'm looking for, I would prefer, at the current street price that it would be fitted with stone washed micarta scales in foilage and a light brown color would do the trick.

4. Sal Glesser

Dec 27, 1998
    I afraid that a stonewashed micarta scale in foliage and light brown would certainly raise the cost.

sal

5. TheSharpLife74

TheSharpLife74

Oct 30, 2012
    Sweet; this will be perfect for when I go on my kayak and for when I go spear fishing!!!

6. Alnamvet68

Alnamvet68

Mar 26, 2013
    Ye I'm sure, and a cost I would glady pay. I don't know if the scales are user replaceable, but if they are, then an expanded accessory option where one could purchase scales as an upgrade, or change in material choice, or simply as a replacement to one's that have been damaged. Concerning the Enuff, I like the concept, size, and price range, but will not buy because I do not care for that particular FRN handle style.

7. EZ Bake

EZ Bake

Mar 5, 2009
    Will it be Yellow?

8. Sal Glesser

Dec 27, 1998
    Hi EZ,

The first one planned weill be a serrated sheepfoot and it will be yellow. (black sheath). Then we'll wath you guys to see what we do next.

sal

9. goodeyesniper

goodeyesniper

Aug 31, 2009
    wouldn't micarta increase the weight too? I'd imagine they went with frn for a very good reason in weight savings.

I could be wrong, but from handling Micarta it has always seemed more dense than frn, but I've never done a scientific comparison as the knives are usually fairly different

10. 9blades

9blades

Dec 29, 2012
    I think it would add a ounce or two...

11. GLOCKCRAZZ

GLOCKCRAZZ

Jul 28, 2006
    Yes!! H1 yellow sheep foot.
    Count me in for one.
    Thx Sal!!

12. GLOCKCRAZZ

GLOCKCRAZZ

Jul 28, 2006
    Yellow on yellow.

[​IMG]

13. Iris223

Iris223

Nov 27, 2009
    Does anyone know if they fixed the initial batches sheath issues? I remember hearing something about loose retention, and the edge of the blade making contact with the sheath, causing blunting or something.

14. Sal Glesser

Dec 27, 1998
    Hi Iris,

We're making a mold change on the sheath.

sal

15. Iris223

Iris223

Nov 27, 2009
    Thank you for the quick response, Sal! When complete, if possible, do you mind updating us here on the forums? I'm dying to get one!

16. collecter

collecter

Aug 21, 2002
    Hi Sal, do you know if the current models are shipping with the new sheaths?

Thanks,