ESEE Junglas and Busse Bushwacker

A word of caution to those of you who may be new to using big blades. The Junglas comes hair flinging sharp, so be careful.

A word of caution to those of you who may be new to using big blades. The Junglas comes hair flinging sharp, so be careful.

+1
I sliced into my thumb while wiping off the blade after chopping down a tree (through the cloth, into my thumb).
I didn't even feel it until I saw the blood running down my hand.

+1
I sliced into my thumb while wiping off the blade after chopping down a tree (through the cloth, into my thumb).
I didn't even feel it until I saw the blood running down my hand.

I had that moment with my 3Mil, and its little compared to its big sibling Junglas. I am waiting to get mine, I'm still thinking the extra I bought for Mrs, can be substituted with a WalMart Kitchen knife...I don't think she'll notice ;)

Gotta love that, buck 70 with sheath...awesome big chopper that will do anything you want for sure...

Junglas is $70.... you mean RTAK II? I though the junglas was about ... $160ish?
If not..... where can I get this price!!! :D

thanks for the review and awesome pics!

i just ordered mine. i'll be sure to follow your safe technique and hold a beer in one hand while chopping :D it certainly will keep my other hand safely away from whatever it is i'm chopping! hehehe.

My Junglas was $175.95, shipping included. And it came with a nice custom sheath, My Bushwacker was was $349.00 plus shipping and I had to buy a sheath. Considering that the Junglas will do most any normal thing you might want to do with such a knife, I thought it was a good price. When you see the quality and use the knife, the price seems very good. Suggested retail price for the Junglas is $286.95.

thanks for the review and awesome pics!

i just ordered mine. i'll be sure to follow your safe technique and hold a beer in one hand while chopping :D it certainly will keep my other hand safely away from whatever it is i'm chopping! hehehe.

There you go. Safety first. :D

Junglas is $70.... you mean RTAK II? I though the junglas was about ... $160ish?
If not..... where can I get this price!!! :D

buck $70 = $170. i just ordered from knifeworks, $170 including 2-day shipping.

Great comparison, Vic. Confirmed some of my thoughts.

Thanks!

(If I lived near you I'd help you make a video... maybe in the future.)

I can't see why anyone would run away from that. Seems like something I would be attracted too. (Aside from beer, though :eek: )

I would hope not. You have to be at least 21 to drink beer.

Great pics. Makes me even more happier that I ordered a Junglas.

Great review Horn Dog. Two awesome knives from the two best makers out there as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for sharing man.

SB

Great review Horn Dog. Two awesome knives from the two best makers out there as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for sharing man.

SB

I agree. Just doesn't come any better than a Busse or a Rowen ;)

I'm waiting for mine too.

It's posts likes Horn Dog's that both torture us and satisfy us, until ours arrives.

Back