Ever heard of GSM Outdoors? They just bought Cold steel.

I don't care what you think anymore. I've been called a number of names in this thread by the obvious fanbois (yes that is intended as it sounds, don't bother to reply) and I do intend to defend my actions and respond in kind to this sort of continued hostile posts from anyone. Stop trying to continue the fanboi defense, get over it, and let it alone. I have, that is unless the hostile posts continue, then the gloves will be off....

LOL...you should have stopped earlier when you were making cogent responses.

Threatening to "take off the gloves" on an Internet forum

is just stupid, funny but stupid.

Demand to leave things alone on a forum where everything you have to say or have said can be ignored with a couple of key strokes is equally stupid. You're not stupid, why behave stupidly?

I know...it's was those other guys that started it...equally stupid and an awful argument from a child, from an alleged adult it's just pathetic.

P.S. Bold type to prove your serious...? Really, really stupid.

LOL...you should have stopped earlier when you were making cogent responses.

Threatening to "take off the gloves" on an Internet forum

is just stupid, funny but stupid.

Demand to leave things alone on a forum where everything you have to say or have said can be ignored with a couple of key strokes is equally stupid. You're not stupid, why behave stupidly?

I know...it's was those other guys that started it...equally stupid and an awful argument from a child, from an alleged adult it's just pathetic.

P.S. Bold type to prove your serious...? Really, really stupid.

Stop with the ad hominem stuff, this is not the subforum for that.

This is the Knife discussion subforum, not the people discussion subforum.

What they create in IP, design, and technology is a tangible asset
No, tangible and intangible assets have specific meanings. Most relevant is the effect on the balance sheet and expected cash flows. Intangible assets are in no way lesser, but they are absolutely different and make a significant impact in the way an acquisition is structured and why it is done in the first place. If you want the fixed assets of a business, you don't necessarily have to buy the business, just buy the assets. You can't buy stuff like master service agreements or receivables quite the same way. Are you structuring a stock or asset purchase, do you need a handle more on market or book values, what about depreciation or amortization of the assets. Are you buying so they start generating cash for you immediately, to reduce the competitive landscape, to absorb into your own designs, etc.

The CS tomahawks are a really good deal for throwing, hope they don't drop or cheap out their 'hawk line.

If they do, everyone else wants about double for a wood handled tomahawk.

Just ordered a Cold Steel Special Forces Spetsnaz shovel. Been wanting one for a while and figured I better get it while I still can.

It’s these neat items that Cold Steel does so well. I hope they continue to make all the kooky stuff, and in the same or better quality.

Just ordered a Cold Steel Special Forces Spetsnaz shovel. Been wanting one for a while and figured I better get it while I still can.

It’s these neat items that Cold Steel does so well. I hope they continue to make all the kooky stuff, and in the same or better quality.
One of those shovels has been part of my "car kit" for years now. Very sturdy and handy tool. :thumbsup:

I remember once I needed to move a dumpster by myself. CS Blackthorn stick to the rescue (the medium length one).

I, too, hope the crazy stuff stays. Fingers crossed.

One of those shovels has been part of my "car kit" for years now. Very sturdy and handy tool. :thumbsup:

I remember once I needed to move a dumpster by myself. CS Blackthorn stick to the rescue (the medium length one).

I, too, hope the crazy stuff stays. Fingers crossed.
:thumbsup::D

16075715540677799881538311496485.jpg

Cold Steel without LT is just some knife designs and little else. Maybe GSM will maintain the brand with good or even better quality, but more likely they will sell lesser quality knives that looks like the former product to maximise profits until the brand equity biult on quality and the personality of LT is gone . Quite likely they will go to the lowest cost suppliers of materials and manufacturing as quick as posssible to squeeze out whatever they can as fast as they can. I can not blame LT from wanting to cash out and retire to his corvettes and a more relaxed life, its just ashame what he created will very likely diminish and do so rapidly. A corporation is usually guided buy short term profit targets to please the investors now.

Do they make a hiking stick? I know they make canes, wasn't sure if they made anything longer

I'm supremely guilty of over-accessorizing:oops:;)

I wish I had your patience, steady hands, and artistic skill.

Sadly, I have trouble spooning cereal in my facehole without dribbling milk, and the last artistic thing I did was hit C minor after cutting my finger with the 2020 Forum knife.:D

Your work on that Espada you post up on occasion is sweet!

I will be sad if Cold Steel stops offering items worthy of customizing.

I betcha the “most requested discontinued knife we’ve all chosen to resurrect” turns out to be some downgraded shite... :rolleyes:(introducing the all new, reintroduced, much requested Talwar with solid gin-yooo-wine grivory scales, sturdy liner lock, and 4034 stainless)

I’m truly hoping I’m wrong.

Could always just use a 6' Big Bore blowgun;)
Did I mention that I love my BBBG? I have the 4 footer with the 1 foot extension. :D

CS stuff always makes me think of good times.

Back in the day, I considered my tanto Voyager a MAJOR upgrade to my Spyderco Endura. It was almost too powerful, as I nearly cut the end off my left middle finger once in a drunken encounter with a package of frozen burritos.

There seems to be a lot of opinions on this, but let's remember LT could have just decided to retire completely, close the business, liquidate the machinery, location, remaining stock, any materials anjd the intellectual property piece by piece and told employees "thanks, good luck, today's your last day" and taken off to parts unknown. He took the offer he could get which isn't always the offer you want. I know we'd all like to see the animated corpse of LT still running CS 50 years from now and dodging rebounding machete swords but the man gets to retire when he wants.

Back