Fairly Knives Chat Thread!!!

Tons of work to be done yet. I swear my list of home renovations is longer now then when we started. Madness!

Wife and I are headed out. Have a lot of places to hit today. Baby shower for friends tomorrow. It's like every weekend is booked.

Good! Busy day. Lots more to do, sadly. Gotta get some measurements of the kids room for carpeting purposes. Contractor setup for Wednesday to fix some some power issues and finish running cables.

...been crazy busy here, trying to cram everything in that is possible here at the summers end! Jade is going to Kindergarten.

I have about 2 dozen knives close to ready! I also have several large sculptures going, sculptural style pendants... etc to hopefully go in a gallery in the local area. Today I am finishing up 4 survival knives! CPM-3V American style Tantos with 3 holes in the handle for lashing or the likes and a removable paracord wrap. Steep tip for scraping or whatever you want to throw at it and a nice hollow chisel that is easy to sharpen... if you ever need to.

Hope y'all are having a killer Labor day. I actually got it off this year! Whiskey time!!!
15705159450_13316a2d13_o.gif

Hey hey FBC! Whats the good word?

D emailed me today! He's alive and well. lol!

This man not only slays custom knives, but all forms of tech too! It's amazing.

I hope you're all doing well. Looks like Summer is wrapping up here. We always look forward to Fall. Jacket weather and great beer. I need to get a buddy on the West Coast to ship me some beer!

Bobby, I would be down to ship you beer. What do you want, Pabst, King Cobra, Ollllld Milwaukee? :D
This man not only slays custom knives, but all forms of tech too! It's amazing.
Soooo does this mean that we should expect a DFK video game soon?! :eek:

Oh god. 90+ hours of virtual D huddled over a grinder. Grinding knives as the seasons fly by haha.

I wanna try Pliny the Elder and anything from Monkish for starters!

Don't forget the bonus level where you get to do Tsukamaki wraps if you finish all the sheaths in one day.
I wanna try Pliny the Elder and anything from Monkish for starters!
Ummm, I think you might need to talk to Xander about this beer thing. I looked in the 40oz section and did not see any Pliney. :D

Hey guys!

I hope everyone is doing well! I've been doing a ton of work on the shop, design and am finally getting things going here again too! The knives are going well so look out for lots more.

Hey Daniel,
Been quiet around here. Glad to see you.

All good here. Coffee's on.

G'mornin

Good to hear from you!

Coffee time here too...

I should be back for good, I did not have a reasonable way to post photos here for a while there and it is back on! The new phone browser for Bladeforums is awesome, I can post pics straight from my phone while before it took about 6 steps.

I should be getting a lot of scale material glued together today, CF with G10 pinstripes and micarta liners. It is taking me forever to prep and blast, each knife takes 6 pieces of scales material. The scales are going on the new Compact EDC Drop Point run for Empire Outfitter.

I also have about 12 friction folders going, 9 Nakagos and 3 old school ones. scales are rough cut on some to pretty far along on others depending on material.

S7 prybars and KCT's are also underway, I have them about halfways ready for heat treat.

Look out for more pics soon! I just uploaded a quick shop tour.

More coffee!

Lots going on today... a few days ago I started tapping the nakagos and snapped 2 taps immediately in the first two holes a a cost of $50... long story shut I got in new taps yesterday and tapped about 30 holes with great success! Between tapping, locating holes and counterboring it took all day and they are going well. Counterbores look really tight, I'm using high end hardware on these including Ti Radial pivots, they are going to be nice.

I'm also working on getting a bunch of designs out, I'm thinking the lineup will be the new KCT, thicker Backpackers, Motivators maybe a Drop Point Backpacker and ATK Backpacker.

Back