Favorite for daily carry

P35

I collect folders, but I seem to come back to my Spyderco Delica for daily carry.What are your Favorites?

Hi P35,

For me its a toss up between the Goddard Light and the AFCK.

The Goddrad Light would win for sure if it had a G10 handle and a stronger lock up.

Will

My Calipso junior BM, plain edge, is a juwel. Fast, good looking, and very sharp. Just how a pocked knife should be.

Jan Dirk

My favorite Spyderco daily carry is a toss up between the Harpy and the Dragon Fly for my pocket and the Military in my waistband.

My son's favorite carry is his Worker.

My other son carries his Lady Bug

We're a Spyderco family!

------------------

~Greg~

I ALWAYS have my Mini Dyad, it rides in my "watch pocket" (sans clip). Hoping for a larger version !
When I'm on my bike I've got a Cricket in my jersey pocket.
At work it's the Wegner in back pocket, sometimes the Endura.
I also carry a Remote Release hooked inside my cordura briefcase.
In my van is a Delica or Calypso jr. in the coin tray.

For me it's the Walker lightweight......I love the small and handy design...I wish this was made with ats34 or 440v....
Budman

---------------------------------
a knife's not worth havin'....unless it's sharp

Well I guess I'm going to deviate a tad in that my favorite daily carry is a Spydie Moran in an Edge-Works slip sheath in my front right pocket. I usually carry a folder too, either a one-hand opener or a small traditional pocket knife like my Henckel's Whittler.

------------------
-=[Bob]=-

Keep yer powder dry and cutters hair poppin' sharp!

My daily carry is a Wegner Jr. It is small enough to avoid undue comment at work (I'm a teacher and it is illegal, here, to carry any knife in a school) but has enough heft to cope with most tasks.

------------------
Take care,
Clay
kesting@idx,com.au

Some people make things happen, some watch while things happen, and some wonder "What happened".

I carry the "new" Military every day and a
little blue Centofante C25 on dressier
occasions.Just ordered a Bill Moran and may
try Bald 1's method.

G-10 police in rear R pocket.

Spydie hole by BM in front R pocket

Remote Release in front L pocket, hook goes over corner of pocket and very low profile, been doing since before there were ltwts in left.

------------------
One may want to keep an Eye out for my review of the Bob Kasper designed, Kevin Gentile modified AFCK and interview of Bob Kasper.

Marion David Poff fka Eye, one can msg me at mdpoff@hotmail.com

Patiently waiting for the Spyderco SpydeRench, Lum Chinese Chopper Folder, Rolling Lock Martial Folder, Shabaria and JD Smith, heck if it si from Spyderco I'm anxious; REKAT Escalator and Pat Crawford design.

"The victorious Warrior wins first and then goes to war, while the defeated Warrior goes to war and then seeks to win" Sun-Tzu

Oh, c' mon, who carrys just one?:)^) My favorite carry if only one, is the Spyderco Tim Wegner. Does everything I' ve needed a knife for. Also, a Moki Zephyr or Elite, feels just like the Crawford Leopard Cub but at about 1/4 the price! And a very underrated folder that deserves a closer look. See what I mean, just one?:)^)

L8r,
Nakano

Well, for me it either is a C36 Military in plain or serrated and a C48GPS Wegner. Other times maybe the C54BMS Calypso. I'm usually carrying two folders daily and one of 'em is usually something from Spyderco.

------------------
Dexter Ewing
Knife Reviews Moderator

"The keystroke is mightier than the sword"

Man, you can't go wrong with just about anything Spyderco makes. Both Wegners are fabulous. The Mini-Dyad is a little treat. What's not to like about the Calypso Jr., especially Micarta handled. I could go on and on. My everyday carry Spydercos are serrated C36 Military at work and a plain edged little "Cricket" on my work keys key chain. At home or out and about, my plain edge version C36 Military, (ALWAYS a Military on my person), and possibly my little Dyad. These are just the Spyders I carry, other assorted knive "goodies" are with me also.
smile.gif

I have to admit though that I really like my Spyder Morans that Bob, (ye ol' Bald 1), got me to buy. I have to quit procrastinating and order me an Edge-Works slip sheath that Bob designed that I affectionately call "The Bald Eagle" because he designed a winner and it "soars".

I have a bunch of folders but it seems that I'm always carrying my Delica Stainless Serr.
It's the perfect size and can handle most any job.

Mike200

Usual combination: Spyderco Military (serrated) in the hip pocket, Benchmade 640 (plain edge) in the shirt pocket. plus an SAK, a Leatherman, and a GT Mini Auto on my keychain, just because it's a CA-legal auto.

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com

Normal days wear: Delica98 in right front, SAK in left. For full dress occasions, replace the Delica with a damascus Worker. When headed into the mountains to bag critters on film, the Military does the trick with a SwissTool on the belt.
Like any dedicated knife knut, the answer depends (It also helps justify the collection.)
Take Care of Your Edges
Chris

The Delica is one of my favorites too.
Also carry the Swiss Army Adventurer
on a belt pouch.
For dress occasions I carry a nice,
stag handled small Hubertus auto
Doc

My favorite non-dress folder is a 50/50 Delica. Perfect size for daily carry.

Its a pretty tough knife. If you lose or break it, its only about $30 bucks to replace. Of course, mines about 5 years old :)

Dan

Wegner (what the Military should have been in terms of build quality) and the Endura 98 (light, attrative, ATS-55, sharp, and priced right.

You can generally find a Dragonfly on me somewhere. Sometimes an Umfaan or Vero Beach mini-UDT, and often a Cheyenne or Socom.
If I have an idea that I'll be outdoors, I'll have a REKAT Pioneer.
I can't remember the last time I didn't carry a knife.
Bill

Back