Favorite for daily carry

I've been carrying my brand new plain edge C36 for the past few days. I love it. My usual carry is a Terzuola ATCF and a fixed blade (Polkowski, Busse, Black Cloud, or Emerson). But for now, I will get acquainted with my C36.

Well, a Wegner in the left pocket, a BM Sentinel in the right. When wearing my web gear an Endura in front right vest pocket, One question for Sal from the guys I work with....will the Wegner ever get a subdued blade like the Police did? I had to ask, be nice please?!

[This message has been edited by tobii3 (edited 19 January 1999).]

Calypso Jr., micarta, plainedge. Other daily carry knives in the rotation are a small Sebenza and a drop-point Pioneer. Occasionally a Leopard Cub.

A mini-dyad may be in my futue though...

Clay

------------------
Clay Fleischer
cdfleischer@yahoo.com

"10,000 Lemmings Can't Be Wrong!"

Calypso Jnr in plain edge is my at work dress knife as it goes so well with suit pants.

------------------
Harvey Wareham

Live Long & Prosper, so you can buy more knives :)

'98 Endura, plain edged, clipped right front pocket. '98 Delica, plain edged, down inside left front pocket. In shirt pocket, customized Micarta Calypso Jr. or customized Benchmade 640 Mini Spike. I'm thinking maybe I ought to replace one of the plain-edged knives, possibly the Endura, with a serrated version.

David Rock

For a small pocket companion, I like my new C62 Navigator in G-10, my dragonfly, or a baby Goddard. I really like the Jess Horn in both the lightweight and micarta versions or the Goddard Jr. for everyday carry in a medium-sized knife. Spy's larger favorites of mine are the military and the full-size Wegner. All plain edge, of course (if I can help it).

tobii3 - if by "subdued", you mean a coating, at this time there is nothing planned. Coatings are still in research. We've tried a variety of coatings over the past 12 years, but for one reason or another, they have always come with a new set of problems. We are currently in the middle of a reaearch project to try to determine what is "really going on" with the coatings, and not rely on manufacturers claims. If a knife is just to be collected and not used, any coating will work fine, but the field is hard on coatings and Spyderco products are expected to perform for a long time. maybe in the future, we'll be in a better position to suply real inforfmation
sal

I carry an Endura II for most chores at work along with my BM 970. My wife carries an Experimential 2 everyday. I want to get a Military for carry also. Is it as thin as the Endura II.
Mike

Thanks Sal. I had to ask. I have seen just about every different way of "subduing" blades while at Ft Bragg, none of which I would recommend to anyone. The "ultimate" Spyderco I have seen to date belonged to a staff sergeant I was friends with. He had a Wegner with a blued blade presented to him as a gift. I bought a Wegner within days. The reason I asked was that was the funkiest "subdued" blade I've ever seen.

My favorite daily carry is now the Military.
I carry nothing else, now. The Military covers all the bases.
PR

[This message has been edited by prigger (edited 06 February 1999).]

I carry a black Ti coated Endura everyday along with my Ladybug. The coating on my Endura has stood up VERY well. It has resisted scratches and rust and everything else! I wish I had bought two of 'em when I had the chance!

Canis

I used to carry an original Terzuola Clippit with what appears to be a 60/40 blade and a serial number when out and around or a Terzuola Jr. in areas with a 3" limit, but I got worried about the cost if something happened to one, especially the full-sized one. I now carry an Endura 98 and a Delica 98 in those situations. The Terzuolas were wonderful to carry and to use, my friends and co-workers were not horrified by their appearance, and the ATS 34 was wonderful. I only hope that the new ones work out as well, even if they are a bit less "friendly" looking.

I carry a pro-venator all the time. It has the 60/40 blade. I started out with a pink Delica that we got from a seed corn company. I lost that in a field so I then got a pro-grip. I then lost that in the same field. I no have my current knife and am very careful that it does not leave me also. I sometimes also carry a S&W 1250 auto because it is interesting. I love the spydercos because they are so sharp right out of the box and the quality is great.

I started with an Endura untill one day someone said it just looked evil. So I got a Delica for my primary, used my Endura for backup. I have a Mini-AFCK that was suppose to replace my Delica, but I ended up carrying both. I still use my Delica everyday and the Mini-AFCK is just along for the ride, had it for almost 2 years now. I just can't seem to retire my Delica. Its such a great little knife. Maybe when I get my Bob Lum Spyderco Chinese Folder with the REKAT Lock I'll retire my Delica.
smile.gif

Blades

[This message has been edited by Blades (edited 21 January 1999).]

A stainless Spyderco Endura II C47 carried in my undies :)

I wish Spyderco would make a neck knife.

Titan,
Spyderco might not have a neck knife, but I have seen a kydex sheath set up for neck carry. When I meet Dexter Ewing he had a Delica 98 in a kydex neck sheath. I forgot who he said made it, but it was a nice sheath. There has also been a thread somewhere in here about neck sheaths for spydercos. Mr. Glesser mentioned a company that is doing the same thing. Hope this helps.
Blades

The Delica had been a long time favorite of mine too until the clip loosened a bit & it started catching on things. I thought I lost it completely once but then found it as we were taking the ornaments off the x-mas tree.
smile.gif

Naturally, I try not to neglect any of my folders but most days you can find a Benchmade Eclipse (now "Ascent") somewhere on my person. Its clip loosened a bit also but, being metal & removable, it was easy to adjust.

Brian

I always carry a carbon fiber cricket. I find it makes a great money clip/backup blade.When I'm at work, it's either my Delica or Endura. After work, more often then not, it's the Jess Horn A.G. Russell red Rucarta flat ground Spyderco ( I know I've said it way too many times but "I love this knife!") that I'll slip into my pocket.

After a recent acquisition I have to add: Spyderco Moran in Edge Works slip sheath as a neck knife in addition to Military, Leatherman and BM975. Switched the paracord for a dog tag breakable chain for safety reasons, of course. Very comfortable way to carry the Moran and does not print a bit under a T-shirt (I'm average build, 6' 180# FYI).

Waldo

Back