Favorite for daily carry

The Dragonfly is still my all-time favorite Spyderco carry (and one of my favorite folding knives, I might add).

------------------

Win
Knife lover, Philosopher, Humanitarian, and All-around nice guy
(all right, so I'm just a knife lover)

My favorite carry knife is an A T Barr folder, with an ATS-34 blade 0.16" thick and a little over 4" long. It is surprisingly easy to carry despite the dimensions, and is made with the Spyderco hole, under liscense, so I believe qualifies as a Spydie knife.

The liner lock action is as smooth as any I have ever seen on a knife. While I am not a devotee of 'hole' opening blades, I am willing to make a big exception for this one.
Walt

The Military, the Benchmade Stryker and a SwissTool. Always the Military though, even around the house.
Gotta love it!

------------------
Norwegian Misfit

"When strong, appear weak"

Ooops! Posted already...

[This message has been edited by Titan (edited 05 February 1999).]

Current most frequent daily carry is a zytel Native, with a small plain edge CRKT Mirage, an 830SBT Ascent and a Case damascus Canoe with stag handles filling in on those days when the Native needs to rest. However, anxiously awaiting the arrival of a plain edge black TiN Genesis currently in the hands of UPS.

------------------
"Age and treachery will
always overcome
youth and exuberance."

My favorite Spydies for daily carry begins with the Delica '98 , which has retired my original Delica to the collection pretty much. Also the CalypsoBM plainedge when I need a dressier knife that clips smoothly to pockets. Other knives often found on me are a Victorinox Classic, Buck Minibuck (on the keyring). Occasionally I'll replace the Delica with a Benchmade 350BT, a large Cold Steel Tanto Voyager, or a CRKT Mirage plainedge. Waiting to get an 820sbt Ascent. When you rotate knives, and carry two or three at a time, it becomes a difficult question of favorites. But the darned Delica and Calypso Jr. BM just won't go away! Love 'em! Jim

My daily carry is a Spyderco Pro-Venator "Spur" and a LadyBug on my keychain. On my belt its been the SAK because it has a eyeglass screwdriver in the corkscrew.

Hollis

Gerber Multiplier on belt and ether BM Ascent or Goddard Lightweight in pocket.

Duty = Custom CQC7 with wood handle, Bear-Jaws Tool & Spydie Endura Combo.
Civilian carry = Al Mar Denali, soon to ride along with BladeForums Spydie Native!!!

I carry around my Gerber multitool and Endura every day...but I'll probably move over to my Goddard lightweight (which I got yesterday) because I'm extremely pleased with it.

Um, and because it's new.
smile.gif

My "daily" carry over the years has always been the same 50/50 delica. My "dress" carry has been a micarta plainedge Jess Horn I bought as soon as they came out. When out about town at night it is an old black blade endura. I have many, many knives but my "carry" always includes a Spyderco.

This post sounds like an add doesn't it.

Bill

Integrity is Being Good
Even if No One is Watching

I want to report that, after a month or so, I am very pleased with the Delica 98 and the Endura 98. I had liked the old ones for their blades, but hated the plastic clips, as I had lost several. It gets very expensive after a while.

I have a few different folders, but the one I will NOT leave home without is a full serrated titanium handled, ATS-34 blade Police Model. I keep wanting to retire it so I don't lose it, but nothing else works. This is one of my best friends.

My daily carry at work is a G-10 Harpy sometimes paired with the Mini Dyad due to a blade length restriction to 3".
On my own time, it's generally a CS 5" folder(hopefully soon to be replaced by another high quality mega, when someone produces one
wink.gif
) riding with any one of my midsized Spydercos(Renegade, 98 Endura, Flatiron, Native etc.*) in the right front.

*Knife carry selections subject to change without notice
smile.gif

Ken

I carry my Police special a G-2 Hollow ground
and serrated...
Also carry a Gerber multi tool

I read almost all the way through this list before someone mentioned my favorite Spyderco, so I decided I REALLY needed to post my fav. I have been a spyderco fan for a LONG time before we ever started EDI knives, and there is one that I can't quite carrying, my Harpy. I used to spend alot more time offshore than I do now, but I learned a great respect for the short aggressive hawksbill and really all the other uses that it can excel at on dry land too. It used to be a Merlin in my pocket, but these days, I carry the new kewl G-10 Harpy as my second knife[of course my GENESIS is in my front right pocket]. These two seem to make a great pair.

I always will have a Spyderco harpy around me, if for no other reason but respect, 'cause one weekend when I could go with my father, and he went off the coast of the Carolina's with a different crew, a Harpy really helped them out of a bad situation. They overturned 27 miles offshore, and the Harpy in Dad's pocket was the knife that the three off them depended on for 26 hrs floating in the ocean. The boat was 'turtle' or upside down and they were having to dive under to retrieve survival gear. All the ropes and fishing lines and lures[w/hooks] were tangled and hanging under the boat. While they had other knives with them, the razor sharp harpy, with the hooked blade was what they relied on to dive under with, and cutgear[and themselves] free in the nightmare that was under they overturned boat being hammered by 15 ft seas. That harpy, more than any other knife they had with them, help save their lives. I NEVER go offshore without one[no matter what knife company I work for]. Nothing cuts rope and line as fast as a serrated hawksbill.

Give a harpy a try, they do alot of cuttinng chores real well, and make my favorite second knife.

------------------
Stay Sharp!
Will Fennell
President-EDI Knives
www.ediknives.com

Thanx Will - great history, thank you for sharing. We appreciate the kind words. Saving a life is always a "win" and Spyderco loves those kinds of "wins".
sal

Thank YOU Sal,..I believe you gave Dad the knife and one of the Blade or Shot Shows.

BTW, I saw the Martial folder at the SHOT SHOW, looks great. You've got another winner.

Will

Got to go with my Delica. No matter what happens I always seem to come back to that one.

Back