Favorite hunting knife?

After using more different brands, styles, and steels than I can easily remember over the last 34 years of hunting I’ve settled on the Chris Reeve Nyala.
It’s not too big, not too small, has a very comfortable handle design, takes and hold holds a fine edge for a VERY long time, and handles the weather without a complaint.
As we all know, a knife is about as personal a thing as there is, so, I’m not saying it’s the best that there is, just that I can’t see me using anything different anytime soon.
In fact, I bought an extra so that my boys don’t end up fighting over it when I’m gone.

I did get a kydex sheath for it though. I’m not a fan of taking off my belt to put on my knife.

Dont know about best but considering the weight i often have a havalon on the mountain. Taken a few elk deer and bear apart with just a piranta.

Bk15, cant believe why on earth Ka-bar dropped this workhorse from the Beckerline.. Great for butchering also.
7m1ybJc.jpg

Spectacular knife, Scott. I'm going to do all I can to wear out the ones you made for me.

My most carried hunting knife is my buck 105 given to me and my brother by my dad when we were teenagers. He was gone driving truck that year so he gave us that knife for our first deer season on our own. The three of us take that knife with on every hunting trip.

My most carried hunting knife is my buck 105 given to me and my brother by my dad when we were teenagers. He was gone driving truck that year so he gave us that knife for our first deer season on our own. The three of us take that knife with on every hunting trip.

I love the blade shape of the 105.
shopping.jpg

Here is the last knife I finished up a few days ago.
IMG_0697.jpg

Back