1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Favorite SAK Alox

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by jacobwilson99, Feb 16, 2012.

1. JohnnyR

JohnnyR

Oct 23, 2006
    I have an pristine red farmer that looks just like how yours looked in the photo. :)

2. sir_mike

sir_mike

Jul 5, 2011
    Mine has always been the Orange Alox Rambler from Swissbianco. I just like that orange and the Rambler.

3. HikingMano

HikingMano

Sep 2, 2008
    My red safe queen is pristine too, haha. Stock with the keyring though.

[​IMG]

I never liked using a lanyard on my Farmer; it can get annoying when using the screwdriver. But ever since I started using the Uncle Bill's wallet, it's easier to fish the farmer out of the pocket with the lanyard.

Speaking of mods, I did have a friend embed carbide into the tips of the screwdriver heads as an experiment to increase grip. It helps a little, but not as much as I'd hoped. At some point I'm going to grind sharper corners and edges into the heads. I'd also like to make the can opener hook a bit sharper to grip cans better.

4. BladeChick777

BladeChick777

Jun 20, 2011
    My Favorite Would Have To Be My Cadet.
    I Had A Soldier... Traded It.
    Two Alox Classics... Traded Them.
    And A Couple Of Others... Got Traded.

But The Cadet Has Remained My Constant And Has Been Used For Nearly Everything.
    Though I'd Love To Get A Farmer.. Preferably Blue. Or Black. Lol.
    Also Still Looking For A Black Pioneer.

5. GRIM 62

GRIM 62

Mar 29, 2009
    My favorite Alox model is the Soldier.If they ever made an Alox Climber,I'd be wanting two of them!I like having scissors,don't much use a saw.

6. quattromori

quattromori

May 7, 2011
    +1 for the Pioneer Harvester.
    As a sidenote...I know it's not really a SAK, but I do like the Alox Solo pretty much.

:cool:

7. lwt210

lwt210

Mar 21, 2007
    I have found them recently. Locally and on the net.

8. spydutch

spydutch

Jul 4, 2005
    + 1 over here for the Alox Solo:thumbup:
    IMO the very best and sturdiest production slipjoint ever made by any manufacturer.:cool:
    I have one in my pocket right now and 2 NIB back ups;)

9. Mud Shrimp Moe

Mud Shrimp Moe

Nov 6, 2011
    How is the Alox Solo not a "SAK"? :?

10. mnblade

mnblade

Feb 7, 2000
    Just FYI, guys .... on their Facebook page, Victorinox Swiss Army just announced that the "Cadet 5 Colors Limited Edition will arrive soon!" From the pic they posted, looks like they'll offer models in red, blue, black, white and orange.

11. spydutch

spydutch

Jul 4, 2005
    I think what Fausto meant was that it isn't a SAK per se with all them tools.

It IS a great pocketknife though.

12. quattromori

quattromori

May 7, 2011
    Exactly. My idea (might be a very personal one, though) of a SAK is a knife with added tools, like the ones given to Swiss Army fellows. The selection of tools might change, but, to me, the idea behind the SAK is the combo of a blade and tools. The Alox Solo (which I love) to me does not fall into the cathegory, being a single bladed slipjoint. Of course, Victorinox produces them, and their looks match with SAK's, but to me it belong to another group. Just a very personal opinion though.

:cool:

13. Phi Sig

Phi Sig

Oct 15, 2006
    My favorite model is the farmer, a very handy knife.

14. Gadgetaholic

Gadgetaholic

Nov 5, 2009
    I'll go with Farmer + Rambler.
    That way I still have tweezers & toothpick on me, but also a nice alox SAK.

15. HikingMano

HikingMano

Sep 2, 2008
    Some other cool alox SAKs from a get together last night. From top to bottom:

MtnFolkMike's Scibeer mod (basically a Bushcrafter like below, with an added excellent pocket clip)
    My Farmer
    SwissBianco Bushcrafter
    SwissBianco Lumberjack

[​IMG]

The Bushcrafter and Lumberjack are fantastic light carry pieces. Those two were just picked up by forum member and maker Ban Tang.

16. billym

billym

Jan 8, 2006
    For me it is a toss up between the Cadet and Farmer. Around town the Cadet is so easy in the pocket. For the wilderness the Farmer is such a great tool.
    I wish they would bring back the Cadet II.
    I love what SwissBianco is doing with Alox SAKs and SAKs in general.

17. SubSpace

SubSpace

May 26, 2011
    Pioneer Settler for me.

18. l2lku2

l2lku2

Feb 7, 2009
    That SwissBianco Bushcrafter is probably my ideal SAK. I missed out on them when they first came out and sadly I don't have one. But I will find one.

19. Groove

Groove

May 3, 2011
    I received my micro-farmer (cadet II plus) from Swissbianco last week and it hasn't left my pocket since. My favorite by far.

20. Knife Crazied

Knife Crazied

Apr 17, 2009
    I can't wait to get my farmer back with added scissors. :tu:

Sent from Ash forum mobile