Favorite SAK Alox

My favorite is this Farmer. I filed off the keyring stud because it dug into my hand, and I don't use a lanyard.

The pic is when it was new - it has a little more character now, but not nearly as much as JohnnyR's or HikingMano's. :D

View attachment 260639

I have an pristine red farmer that looks just like how yours looked in the photo. :)

Mine has always been the Orange Alox Rambler from Swissbianco. I just like that orange and the Rambler.

I have an pristine red farmer that looks just like how yours looked in the photo. :)

My red safe queen is pristine too, haha. Stock with the keyring though.

69af97fb.jpg

I never liked using a lanyard on my Farmer; it can get annoying when using the screwdriver. But ever since I started using the Uncle Bill's wallet, it's easier to fish the farmer out of the pocket with the lanyard.

Speaking of mods, I did have a friend embed carbide into the tips of the screwdriver heads as an experiment to increase grip. It helps a little, but not as much as I'd hoped. At some point I'm going to grind sharper corners and edges into the heads. I'd also like to make the can opener hook a bit sharper to grip cans better.

My Favorite Would Have To Be My Cadet.
I Had A Soldier... Traded It.
Two Alox Classics... Traded Them.
And A Couple Of Others... Got Traded.

But The Cadet Has Remained My Constant And Has Been Used For Nearly Everything.
Though I'd Love To Get A Farmer.. Preferably Blue. Or Black. Lol.
Also Still Looking For A Black Pioneer.

My favorite Alox model is the Soldier.If they ever made an Alox Climber,I'd be wanting two of them!I like having scissors,don't much use a saw.

+1 for the Pioneer Harvester.
As a sidenote...I know it's not really a SAK, but I do like the Alox Solo pretty much.

:cool:

+1 for the Pioneer Harvester.
As a sidenote...I know it's not really a SAK, but I do like the Alox Solo pretty much.

+ 1 over here for the Alox Solo:thumbup:
IMO the very best and sturdiest production slipjoint ever made by any manufacturer.:cool:
I have one in my pocket right now and 2 NIB back ups;)

Just FYI, guys .... on their Facebook page, Victorinox Swiss Army just announced that the "Cadet 5 Colors Limited Edition will arrive soon!" From the pic they posted, looks like they'll offer models in red, blue, black, white and orange.

I think what Fausto meant was that it isn't a SAK per se with all them tools.

It IS a great pocketknife though.

Exactly. My idea (might be a very personal one, though) of a SAK is a knife with added tools, like the ones given to Swiss Army fellows. The selection of tools might change, but, to me, the idea behind the SAK is the combo of a blade and tools. The Alox Solo (which I love) to me does not fall into the cathegory, being a single bladed slipjoint. Of course, Victorinox produces them, and their looks match with SAK's, but to me it belong to another group. Just a very personal opinion though.

I'll go with Farmer + Rambler.
That way I still have tweezers & toothpick on me, but also a nice alox SAK.

Some other cool alox SAKs from a get together last night. From top to bottom:

MtnFolkMike's Scibeer mod (basically a Bushcrafter like below, with an added excellent pocket clip)
My Farmer
SwissBianco Bushcrafter
SwissBianco Lumberjack

fb7daea6.jpg

The Bushcrafter and Lumberjack are fantastic light carry pieces. Those two were just picked up by forum member and maker Ban Tang.

For me it is a toss up between the Cadet and Farmer. Around town the Cadet is so easy in the pocket. For the wilderness the Farmer is such a great tool.
I wish they would bring back the Cadet II.
I love what SwissBianco is doing with Alox SAKs and SAKs in general.

That SwissBianco Bushcrafter is probably my ideal SAK. I missed out on them when they first came out and sadly I don't have one. But I will find one.

I received my micro-farmer (cadet II plus) from Swissbianco last week and it hasn't left my pocket since. My favorite by far.

Back