favorite SAK?

shootist16

knife law moderator
Not including multi-tools.

Mine is the Victorinox fieldmaster.

VN-53931 "Fieldmaster" 3 1/2" closed. Red handles. Features large blade, small blade, scissors, key ring, Phillips screwdriver, bottle opener with large screwdriver and wire stripper, can opener with small screwdriver, reamer, hook, wood saw, tweezers and toothpick.

I find it to have a good variety of tools and still not be too large.

Mine is also the fieldmaster followed closley by the tinker .

Vic Champion Plus. Discontinued, but purchased 3. Used daily. Today I used it to install a relatives 2nd floor louvered dryer exhaust vent. Worked well removing the rusted screws and the scissors easily cut the thin gage aluminum tubing to size, to meet the in-wall flexible dryer duct.

SAK;How do I love thee,let me count the ways............... 1. Compact 2. 91mm Waiter 3. Super Tinker 4. Mini-champ 5. Farmer 6. Soldier In no particular order

Man, that's a tough question. I guess my favorite would be the Settler since it's my EDC. Other than that, any 1 or 2 layer 91mm model with both can and bottle opening capabilities is high on the list. I've also recently fallen in love with the Executive.

Paul

I've changed my mind on the subject so many times...

I really love the Soldier model for its strength and simple layout.

But I think the Fieldmaster has the best selection of tools while still being small enough for pocket-carry.

OTOH, the StayGlow Climber is just totally cool!

Then again, the Rucksack has the most comfortable grip, and the blade locks too.

If I must decide, right now my favorite is the StayGlow Climber.

But I might exchange the scales of the StayGlow Climber with the Fieldmaster...

Good luck,
Allen.

In no particular order, because I love them all:
Ranger
Farmer
Handyman
Champion
Yeoman

todd

1. Explorer Plus (love having that pen included)

2. Soldier (best awl I've ever used in a pocket tool)

3. I have a Compact on the way that I hope will offer up enough of the Explorer's functionality at half the thickness. I've given up on ever finding a Scientist which would be the perfect SAK for me.

Well I just can't choose one now can I?
I would have to choose the Std Issue and another Wenger I have had for years....forget the name (Adventurer?):eek: its discontinued but its basically the Traveller with a locking blade.

Kap :cool:

Swiss champ on Vic belt clip in my left pocket. Tool chest in my pocket, great quality and value for money. After 2 days carrying I did not notice it anymore and now been my edc for months.
Justin case :)

I can't seem to make up my mind either, but I keep comming back to Fieldmaster. I find it to be a good comprimize of size and usefull tools. The compact is another good one.

Will

I love 'em all, but the one I carry is a Craftsman. It has all the tools I actually use and nothing more. I've upgraded mine with a pair of cobalt blue "plus" scales so it has a pen and straight pin in addition to the usual stuff.

Soon I hope to have a Craftsman outfitted with custom-made cocobolo scales as my new SAK EDC.

--Bob Q

I have been carrying a Handyman for a while so I guess it's my favorite. It has the max amount of tools for the width that is comfortable for my hands to hold. Swiss Champ is too thick.

Unfortunately, it is kind of heavy for pocket carry but in shorts it's not too bad, a little worse in pants. I ordered a TAD-S2 horizontal sheath from TAD which should arrive next week. This looks like a nice compact horizontal sheath that will replace pocket carry if it isn't oversized.
Adam

Cybertool 29. I love having the bits with me, since the torx ones fit all my other folders.

I hvae a different favorite every week it seems. Some of the consistent faves are: Red Alox Farmer, Stayglow Camper, Rucksack, Cybertool 41, Huntsman Plus....

Back