Favorite spyderco.

I've had several spyderco knives over the past couple years. I've had tenacious,manix 2 lightweight ,native 5 lightweight, meadowlark 2 and Raven by Byrd and now have a para 3. I use traditional alot,but usually have. Amodern folder with me for ease of access and bigger blade for tougher tasks. I liked all of them . The maniix is just bigger than what I need and takes up too much space. Honestly I'd have to say the native 5 and meadowlark 2 are my favorites. If I could only have one spyderco it would be a native 5. Mine got taken by a family member lol. I will probably trade the para 3 for a native ,I just like the blade and the handle on a native more than in the para what is your favorite spyderco ?

Manix for me. It was my first Syderco many years ago and I've always found it to suit me well over some of the other favorites. Of course, I have yet to try a Shaman, so that could change my opinion. That's for the large knifes, for a small knife, it's hard to beat the utility of a Dragonfly.

Weird things happening - the thread showed my original post as a double tap, with another entry between them. I edited; and when it came back up, my only post was the edited one....
My original response:
In stock form - the Advocate, without hesitation.
Second choice - Mantra 2

Given a better steel, the Sage 2 could tie - maybe even beat - the Mantra 2

Last edited:
I'm a Native 5 fan also. I bought about 25 Spydercos before finally landing on the Native. Its the perfect size for me and has a sturdy blade while still being a good slicer. Fantastic knife for the money

for me, it was the old vg10 delica for a long time... (for small and light but also big) but then I got a gayle bradley 2

(stealing this from another thread)
iu

from https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/not-enough-love-for-the-gayle-bradley-2.1489985/

Last edited:
I know this sounds petty, but i only want a spydie i can flick open. Can you spydie flick a native 5? Im loving the lil native.

This one isn't so simple for me I tried to answer the same question once before and found myself second guessing.

If it came down to being forced to choice one it might??? be the Manix 2 ... the Native 5 and Delica very close seconds.

It's a tough call because they fill very different rolls for me. The Manix 2 is one of my do it all work knives that will handle most anything on top of work. The Native 5 can do nearly everything as well but doesn't fill my hand as well so possible slight deduction??? ... . and the Delica will do most things with the one limitation of it's size??? and carries so easily especially in summer weather in athletic shorts ...

Then I think about the Endura and the ... well see ... you get the point ... smatchet anyone? Guess this is why I have too many knives.

My favorite is the PM2. I have tried: delica, endura, kapara, military, pm3, shaman and manix xl. The PM2 is the one I always go back to, they are lightweight, the handle is good for doing work, and the shape works well with the compression lock. The only Spyderco I'm not fond of is the Kapara, but when I do food prep it's with a kitchen knife.

I only own two. But I've tried a few more. So far, my favorite is my Sage 2. Titanium, and as nicely built as anything I own.
But, not perfect. I'm still looking.

They are addictive, all right. I'd rank my military in S110V as #1, then my Native 5 lightweight in S35Vn, followed by my PM2 in S30V... and I'm surely not done yet. The Gale Bradley is intriguing...

Im really considering the Para 3 next. The size and mods available are so tempting. Not to mention how damn slicey they are. Has to be g10 though. I love my Calypso jr. but ive come to realize im a material snob.

Couldn't possibly name just ONE "favorite" Spyderco knife.

When asked which "3 Spydercos do you like best," I responded w/a list of 66 knives (three in each of 22 different categories), all of which (except for 1) that I already own. See: Three Favorite Spydies . . .

So, in this case, there would be 22 "favorite" Spydies that I could name as a favorite, depending on the category. Although I think I'd change the rankings in 2 of those categories now; naming the Serrata my favorite fixed blade knife and the Nilakka my favorite Ehinic Series knife (bumping the 3rd off of each respective list).

Refer to the thread above for my other 20 favorite Spyderco knives, which is listed at the top of each category.

LOL! ;)

Last edited:
Back