Favorite spyderco.

My current EDC is a Dragonfly II Lightweight, Salt, Hawkbill, serrated blade, with handle Rit dyed black, purchased from Knives Plus. Separately, I ordered and installed a black wire pocket clip from Spyderco. It is unique, small, sharp , ergonomic, lightweight, absolutely rustproof ( humid/ sweaty environment here), good for most everyday chores and especially for cutting stuck seatbelts and cutting away clothes, in EMS uses. Completely lawful to carry in most jurisdictions ( but not Government buildings, airports, etc.). You, should check your local laws to be sure.

Native 5 for me, fits me like a glove. This ones been my work edc for the last 2+ years. Carried so much my g10 scales are wearing smooth. I’ve tried to rotate other knives into my work edc, but I always go right back to the Native.
I wish Spyderco would build a Native with a framelock, or a compression lock like the lil Native. My only complaint is 2 hand closing, but I like the rest of the knife so much I overlook it.
FQpdwVj.jpg

Oh I love that clip.

I am a huge Salt fan. And that clip really sets the yellow off. What did you do to it to cause that effect?

Hi, completely stripped the coating, cleaned with acetone, heated until bronze with a torch. dipped in ferric chloride for a second and then in water.

The Delica is my favorite.
Small in size, lightweight and capable of cutting like a lare knife.
It meets most of my EDC needs always handy.

If I could only own one spyderco it would be the MILITARY. It can do it all and fits my hand great.

I've carried the Manix 2 alot, but the Native handles my every day cutting chores just as well, and doesn't take up nearly as much real estate in the pocket, so lately the Native is the Spyderco I've been using most.
IMG_0865-X4.jpg

Almost pulled the trigger on a para 3. Them for some reason i looked again at the Spyopera. Hated it at first sight. Then found out lionsteel made it and the design suddenly made sense and i fell in live. Ordered it today

I have various models of PM2, Manix 2 and Military. If I had to choose I would pick the PM2 as my favorite with the Manix 2 LW a close second.

I'm willing to bet I'm in the minority but my favorite Spyderco to date is the Lil' Native. I love fifth pocket knives and compression locks. It just so happens this fits both and also had a good blade to handle ratio. The biggest thing I like about it is that I can get a full grip using the finger choil on such a small knife.

Para 3. Some hate the pocket clip placement, others hate the ergos, I love everything about it. It just fits my hand and I think it looks badass. Plus I love that it can be found in what feels like 50 different steels

From what I have, I would say Spyderco Domino.
Frankly, I don't see why this knife isn't much more popular. Because of the price?
I really like the domino too, a relatively weak detent doesn’t help its case. Smaller than what I often need.

Favorite depends on what I’m doing. Military and K2 for biglies, PM2 and manix 2 for middens, domino for steak and fine dining.

Back