First Run of BK62's to Be Released

Hate to add this after experiencing and reading about all these shipping / tracking issues. I ordered one yesterday from a big knife store near the Smoky Mountains ... it arrived today. They still havenโ€™t emailed my tracking number. Haha.

$119 (+TN sales tax for me) w/ free shipping on orders over $49.

I ordered from the same company -- the day before they offered free shipping. :(
still haven't gotten an email from them telling me my order was processed, but got an email from USPS letting me know I have a package on the way.

Keep in mind, this is formed to the LT Mark II so there's a little slop due to how much thicker the LT's handle is.
eyNlMfFl.jpg

vTJ3bWpl.jpg

T7sRXt6l.jpg

aap0oPul.jpg

Thank you sir!

Still no BK62. USPS tracking says it is still in transit to the next destination. So much for 2-3 days... it has been a week.

Jeremy

Thank you sir!

Still no BK62. USPS tracking says it is still in transit to the next destination. So much for 2-3 days... it has been a week.

Jeremy
Feeling for ya man, same damn thing happened to me.

It stinks because I have known about this knife for a while now. Ethan got me all excited about it. Listening to him talk about it and sensing his excitement about it is all the hype I needed.

Now I NEED it in my hand..... LOL

Jeremy

It stinks because I have known about this knife for a while now. Ethan got me all excited about it. Listening to him talk about it and sensing his excitement about it is all the hype I needed.

Now I NEED it in my hand..... LOL

Jeremy
I hear ya man. I ordered mine on November 8th, same day KA-BAR announced the release, "shipped" on the 12th, and didn't get it until the 19th.

Thank you sir!

Jeremy

Well, this may not make you feel any better about the knife but here's a better shot of the knife with the JRE sheath since the "new" one showed up today (actually was a slightly used that fortuitously showed up on flebay for a bargain).

Fully seated
YImHMMwl.jpg

Where the sheath starts to grab the knife
8p6yGbZl.jpg

Retention is good but there is certainly a little room. It's not a perfect match but it's pretty good for the price I paid and for an off-the-shelf option. I'll use it as is and see how things form together and see about wet forming. There's a little room on the sides of the blade but not enough to rattle with a little shaking.

Wooooohoooo I got mine today! All thanks to @nutoknives who made sure I wasn't left out on the first run!

My first impression. Absolutely love it. So much lighter then I expected. I also see what some of you guys mean about the texture of the wood grain. The sheath is not my favorite but still very great quality for the price. This is going to be a game changer for kabar. I know the price is steeper then we're use to with beckers but come on how many other production blades have a distal taper! The handle is a bit shorter then I thought it would be (sorry warrior).

I haven't really got to use it yet. I took it out for a walk and whittled on stick for a while made a few notches. Kabar did a great job, super sharp right out of the box.

IMG_8097.JPG

Of course I already got my obligatory photo next to a kephart book.

IMG_8102.JPG

Got some other cool shots around some Florida brush and on a lake.
IMG_8104.JPG

IMG_8100.JPG

IMG_8099.JPG

IMG_8098.JPG

IMG_8096.JPG

Wooooohoooo I got mine today! All thanks to @nutoknives who made sure I wasn't left out on the first run!

My first impression. Absolutely love it. So much lighter then I expected. I also see what some of you guys mean about the texture of the wood grain. The sheath is not my favorite but still very great quality for the price. This is going to be a game changer for kabar. I know the price is steeper then we're use to with beckers but come on how many other production blades have a distal taper! The handle is a bit shorter then I thought it would be (sorry warrior).

I haven't really got to use it yet. I took it out for a walk and whittled on stick for a while made a few notches. Kabar did a great job, super sharp right out of the box.

View attachment 1025352

Of course I already got my obligatory photo next to a kephart book.

View attachment 1025356

Got some other cool shots around some Florida brush and on a lake.
View attachment 1025357

View attachment 1025355

View attachment 1025354

View attachment 1025353

View attachment 1025351
Congrats man! It is a bit short, but since it's a straight handle, it'll work. Great freakin' knife man, I love it.

Sure have. I had a one off custom with the snakeskin micarta, but, it was too purty to use, haha, so I sold it. It did fit my hand to a t though.

Daaaaamn that's the old blind horse version. I could be wrong but I think the blind horse versions were all 3/16". All the LT version I've seen have been 5/32".

My first BK62 is out for delivery!!!!

Might have to drive around and find the mail lady and intercept the package early. LOL

Jeremy
Nice! I have done that many times, haha. :thumbsup:

The 62 showed up today. Holy cow. I really like it.

For a simple handle it has great ergos. Nice and slicey. The tapered tang is a plus on a production knife.

Going to use some butcher block wax on the scales and Sno-Seal on the sheath.

I hope to make some shavings with it tomorrow.

Jeremy

For a simple handle it has great ergos. Nice and slicey. The tapered tang is a plus on a production knife.

Jeremy
Congrats man, glad it made it finally.

Jeremy
I'am glad you finally got it! Kinda cool in a way how many of the Kephart Knives just seemed to keep traveling :D

Back