• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Fishin1635 online store ? And Varenik* - Ebay flippers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should add, I see you have a cocobolo 93 up, but it is a different one from what you bought looking at the grain on the wood.

View attachment 1379919 View attachment 1379919 View attachment 1379919 View attachment 1379920 View attachment 1379919 View attachment 1379920 View attachment 1379919 View attachment 1379920

here you go. Big enough personal collection for you ?
Don't forget to let me know which ones off the ebay you want.
(Not like I bought them at 'brotherly' prices either)

For all I know that is your eBay store stock.
Why would I think any different?
The proof is in the pudding, and the pudding has spoiled.

You keep mentioning how you have not bought many at “brotherly prices”.
so what is the point if after your fees you don’t make much? What am I missing?
Or was that just you telling porky pies?

You realize we can see sold/completed items on your store? After about five minutes of looking back and forth I’ve found a tc 14, od 92 and a speaker jack.

uwiXd1D.jpg

You either have a reading comprehension and/or a visual acuity issue. I posted pictures of open drawers, which are mostly full and the GEC one is completely filled up. Then I said "the drawer is full". Seems you're the righteous lip-flapper here since you're so easy on insults and insinuations while not addressing the points I brought up. Your right. Just like it is the right of those sellers to sell ( at the prices that, mostly, are not that much better than ebay's, and while knowing, as some of them do, that I may sell the ones I don't like ) to me. But go ahead. You seem to be in your righteous element here. Enjoy.

You either have a reading comprehension and/or a visual acuity issue. I posted pictures of open drawers, which are mostly full and the GEC one is completely filled up. Then I said "the drawer is full". Seems you're the righteous lip-flapper here since you're so easy on insults and insinuations while not addressing the points I brought up. Your right. Just like it is the right of those sellers to sell ( at the prices that, mostly, are not that much better than ebay's, and while knowing, as some of them do, that I may sell the ones I don't like ) to me. But go ahead. You seem to be in your righteous element here. Enjoy.

As you all can see, flippers really hate when they get called out.

P.S. Also, drawers full of knives all nice and tidy in their boxes (ready to ship out!) don't help your case in the slightest. That's your stock. For your Ebay store. Because you're a knife dealer, who's here trawling through Bladeforums' Exchange for more knives to flip for a huge profit.

Anyway, I think some changes here are in your future. :D

Last edited:
For all I know that is your eBay store stock.
Why would I think any different?
The proof is in the pudding, and the pudding has spoiled.

You keep mentioning how you have not bought many at “brotherly prices”.
so what is the point if after your fees you don’t make much? What am I missing?
Or was that just you telling porky pies?
the point is pretty simple : I am one of those that can only tell if I like the knife after I HAVE it in my hand, this is why I buy a lot. I end up selling about 25-40% of what I buy and am usually content if I make my money back. If I make a profit - that's just a cherry on that cake. If I make 10-20 bucks on it I still sleep well. You want to call it flipping - have a go at it. I don't buy to flip. Period. And, frankly, plenty of time I've seen knives I sell being re-sold at higher prices ( YES, that happened plenty ) I don't lose any sleep on it either. Once it's sold I just don't give a hoot. Ain't mine, somebody paid my price and it's THEIRS to do whatever they please. If it tickles you to keep righteously ranting about it so be it. We're all adults here. I suggest we act like we are.

Done defending myself. If moderators think I'm a problem I guess it is their right to do whatever they please.
No, I don't "really hate when they get called out." .
If I did I'd be politely asking you to go and perform unnatural acts upon yourself. "Hating" seems to be a part of your 'drama' ritual.
Enjoy.

the point is pretty simple : I am one of those that can only tell if I like the knife after I HAVE it in my hand, this is why I buy a lot. I end up selling about 25-40% of what I buy and am usually content if I make my money back. If I make a profit - that's just a cherry on that cake. If I make 10-20 bucks on it I still sleep well. You want to call it flipping - have a go at it. I don't buy to flip. Period. And, frankly, plenty of time I've seen knives I sell being re-sold at higher prices ( YES, that happened plenty ) I don't lose any sleep on it either. Once it's sold I just don't give a hoot. Ain't mine, somebody paid my price and it's THEIRS to do whatever they please. If it tickles you to keep righteously ranting about it so be it. We're all adults here. I suggest we act like we are.

Actually, you're speaking to someone who's part of a community (me), who's addressing a scavenger (you) who's just here to make a profit from the folks on the Exchange who are selling knives at reasonable prices, by snapping up all the knives you can, then flipping them at a huge markup on your Ebay store.

So, question. Just idle curiousity. Tell me, why don't you sell your knives here? You have a Gold membership, so.....?

Oh. Ooooohhhhhh, right, because nobody here will pay your ridiculous flipper 200% markups. Right, it's all making complete sense now. LOL

Also, gotta say, this is the most verbose I've seen you be. 98% of your posts are just "TAKE" or "TAKE 3, 7, 12". LOL

Anyway, I think the point's been made. Couple of knife dealers running around on the Exchange soaking up knives for sale in their stores (located elsewhere). I think Bladeforums is about to have two brand new Dealers. :D

Have a good evening, folks!

Actually, you're speaking to someone who's part of a community (me), who's addressing a scavenger (you) who's just here to make a profit from the folks on the Exchange who are selling knives at reasonable prices, by snapping up all the knives you can, then flipping them at a huge markup on your Ebay store.

So, question. Just idle curiousity. Tell me, why don't you sell your knives here? You have a Gold membership, so.....?

Oh. Ooooohhhhhh, right, because nobody here will pay your ridiculous flipper 200% markups. Right, it's all making complete sense now. LOL
Whatever. I don't think the prices are too reasonable here either. I don't complain. I certainly don't get anywhere near 200%. If I had to guess it's closer to 15-20%. But, you don't seem to be capable of addressing any points I make. Auto-pilot, I guess. I'm done with explaining myself.
Get a life.

Whatever. I don't think the prices are too reasonable here either. I don't complain. I certainly don't get anywhere near 200%. If I had to guess it's closer to 15-20%. But, you don't seem to be capable of addressing any points I make. Auto-pilot, I guess. I'm done with explaining myself.
Get a life.

Sure thing, have a great evening. :)

Get a life.

Minus eBay fees? You can’t be making that much. I don’t understand why you even do it.

I went from a regular knife user as a kid to a knife User/ collector as an adult.
I hardly ever lose money on knives. so I do not believe your reasoning when you say you’re just trying knives out and selling the ones you don’t like. I do that too, and guess what? I still don’t lose money selling on BF or other forums!

The funny thing is, ol Mak said they exact same thing when he was called out for soaking up the sales here and flipping on eBay.

Also, gotta say, this is the most verbose I've seen you be. 98% of your posts are just "TAKE" or "TAKE 3, 7, 12". LOL

Anyway, I think the point's been made. Couple of knife dealers running around on the Exchange soaking up knives for sale in their stores (located elsewhere). I think Bladeforums is about to have two brand new Dealers. :D

Have a good evening, folks!

I also searched his post history.
If it wasn’t for him and @fishin1635 snatching knives that I wanted, I would Probably think it’s funny.

“take 1,2,4,5”
Actual quote ^

Minus eBay fees? You can’t be making that much. I don’t understand why you even do it.

I went from a regular knife user as a kid to a knife User/ collector as an adult.
I hardly ever lose money on knives. so I do not believe your reasoning when you say you’re just trying knives out and selling the ones you don’t like. I do that too, and guess what? I still don’t lose money selling on BF or other forums!

The funny thing is, ol Mak said they exact same thing when he was called out for soaking up the sales here and flipping on eBay.
As I said, look at listings - about 90+% of them are not from here. I am used to selling on ebay. I don't profess any affinity to anyone here, with one exception, nor at ebay. NOR anyone EVER complained of the prices they pay for anything I sell. Just look at my feedback. Which also may shed some light on the fact that I buy off the ebay a WHOLE lot more than from here. Most of it for myself. If I get something I think is under-priced on ebay, buy it and resell it - I perform self-flagellation every time. Should I be asking for forgiveness as well ? Nor do I see any sellers that sold to me here complaining.
Make your conclusions as you want.

As I said, look at listings - about 90+% of them are not from here. I am used to selling on ebay. I don't profess any affinity to anyone here, with one exception, nor at ebay. NOR anyone EVER complained of the prices they pay for anything I sell. Just look at my feedback. Which also may shed some light on the fact that I buy off the ebay a WHOLE lot more than from here. Most of it for myself. If I get something I think is under-priced on ebay, buy it and resell it - I perform self-flagellation every time. Should I be asking for forgiveness as well ? Nor do I see any sellers that sold to me here complaining.
Make your conclusions as you want.
So you’re willing to buy with intent to resell knives off eBay, but we’re to believe you don’t have that mindset when buying here?
and I've bought 4 of OD 92 micarta. Three of them, if memory serves me right, NOT from here.
Sir, you just said you don’t know whether you like a knife until it’s in hand. I can understand that, but what, you can’t make up your mind on that one?
Feel free not to answer, not really my business. But, you have got to realize that saying you’ve bought 4 of the exact same knife in roughly a year (one as recently as a couple weeks ago) while having one on an extensive eBay store doesn’t help your argument that you don’t flip knives.
Also, you openly admitted to making “15-20%”, by your estimation, from knives bought on the exchange. I know you understand the concept of flipping, I don’t know how you seem to not understand that you’re doing it. We don’t have to make any conclusions, you are openly admitting it and still claiming no rule breaking.

Must be fucking nice to buy all the GECs you can to figure out which ones you like or don’t like. I’d have a lot more GECs I want if it wasn’t for fucking flippers on here with the wrong membership. I’m off to bed, got a whole pig to smoke tomorrow.

So you’re willing to buy with intent to resell knives off eBay, but we’re to believe you don’t have that mindset when buying here?

Sir, you just said you don’t know whether you like a knife until it’s in hand. I can understand that, but what, you can’t make up your mind on that one?
Feel free not to answer, not really my business. But, you have got to realize that saying you’ve bought 4 of the exact same knife in roughly a year (one as recently as a couple weeks ago) while having one on an extensive eBay store doesn’t help your argument that you don’t flip knives.
Also, you openly admitted to making “15-20%”, by your estimation, from knives bought on the exchange. I know you understand the concept of flipping, I don’t know how you seem to not understand that you’re doing it. We don’t have to make any conclusions, you are openly admitting it and still claiming no rule breaking.
"you’re willing to buy with intent to resell knives off eBay" - look at what I buy off the ebay and, if you can, look at the prices I pay for MOST things - I must be out of my mind to pay those prices and hope to resell them at profit. And if I bought all or most of them to resell my listings would number somewhere between 300-400. And if you think I have all the money in the world to sit on all of them till I turn a profit - WHY would I need to sell on ebay at all ? Think about it. But, yes, if I can buy something on ebay that would sell for more I do. NOT that GEC prices on ebay allow much of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back