• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Fishin1635 online store ? And Varenik* - Ebay flippers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting this thread. I don’t sell a lot, but I buy a lot. I now have a couple of eBay sellers to avoid.

It seems to me that a member of this community, who benefited from the community, would return the favor. Why not resell a knife “that just didn’t work in your hand” here, rather than take it to a profit center like eBay?

This indicates that the member has no interest in the community beyond how it can serve as personal gain for themselves.

That, at the heart, is the definition of a flipper. V Varenik , you’ve already exposed your motives, best to now slink away under a damp rock.

as I
Thanks for posting this thread. I don’t sell a lot, but I buy a lot. I now have a couple of eBay sellers to avoid.

It seems to me that a member of this community, who benefited from the community, would return the favor. Why not resell a knife “that just didn’t work in your hand” here, rather than take it to a profit center like eBay?

This indicates that the member has no interest in the community beyond how it can serve as personal gain for themselves.

That, at the heart, is the definition of a flipper. V Varenik , you’ve already exposed your motives, best to now slink away under a damp rock.
Not on your life, if I can help it. As I said before, I sell a very small fraction of what I buy here and the profit is negligible. Your inability and/or unwillingness to understand the numbers and ratios - like 4 or 5 out of 90 plus listed, with mostly 10-15% profits and some under cost, like the Burnside that sold recently - is just that - and is not an indicator of someone being a flipper. This is a free country and you're obviously free to form whatever opinion you like. You want to define it as flipping, by all means. You'd also be surprised if you found out how many members of this community agree with me and do the same thing except they hide it while I don't. Keep in mind, also, that the prices I paid for a lot of knives here are not indicative of any community spirit. In case you are interested I could sell you (back to community, as you quaintly put it) a Hawthorne Jack in Stag for 425 - what I paid for it here or the Burnside for 400 and I could go on. Did I complain ? No. Nor did I see much competition on those either while buying them.

Sums it up well.
Not like I did not try to explain. If you're looking for fake camaraderie I did not realize that was a requirement here. You'll find plenty with those that do the same thing but covertly and scream 'flipper' the loudest. Enjoy.

Not like I did not try to explain. If you're looking for fake camaraderie I did not realize that was a requirement here. You'll find plenty with those that do the same thing but covertly and scream 'flipper' the loudest. Enjoy.
So you are still, Done Defending yourself some 10 posts later. LOL ....

Last edited:
I don't sell a lot but always avoided selling to or for that matter buying from those who have 90% of their involvement on BF in the exchange and are not contributing anything to the community any other way ... I just decided to peek and wouldn't ya know it ... 100% of your activity is the exchange or GBU 3 whole post areas for 100% of your activity ... I know that shouldn't surprise me but somehow it still does and the fact that you still don't get it even more so ... I'll take "things that make you shake your head" for $1000.00 Alex

I don't sell a lot but always avoided selling to or for that matter buying from those who have 90% of their involvement on BF in the exchange and are not contributing anything to the community any other way ... I just decided to peek and wouldn't ya know it ... 100% of your activity is the exchange or GBU 3 whole post areas for 100% of your activity ... I know that shouldn't surprise me but somehow it still does and the fact that you still don't get it even more so ... I'll take "things that make you shake your head" for $1000.00 Alex
never came across quiet readers, eh ?
That's ok. Don't fret.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back