Fishing, and hunting reports (share yours)

Dave, seems like a great trip and thank you very much for both the story behind it and also the magnificent pictorials. Also, thanks for remembering Justin's cravings for anything osage while on your hunting trip :D

^^ Ditto! Makes me miss hunting. Used to hunt public land hard and heavy...but got out of it after being "ruined" one season on private land. Haven't had a good opportunity in recent years.

Any Land available out there Dave? LOL! Beautiful pictures and story-Thanks:thumbsup: Even Better when you have a Family Member with you to share those special moment's with! Should have plenty of Venison for the Winter:thumbsup: Thanks again

Nice Dave!! It’s so strange to see what’s looking be fall pics in winter. Oranges or Apples I guess still on the tree!!

No snow or anything. Maybe after last year that’s a nice change. And tons of deer. Leave a gut pile for the starving yotes’?!

Great to hang out with your Dad for sure. Hope I’ll be able to be out there at that age too!

Great pics and beautiful country. Thanks and congrats!
Excellent stuff there Hard Knocks Hard Knocks ! Color me green with envy!
^^ Ditto! Makes me miss hunting. Used to hunt public land hard and heavy...but got out of it after being "ruined" one season on private land. Haven't had a good opportunity in recent years.

Thank you guys. I hope all that are still chasing get to fill their tags. I like reading all the stories and seeing all the pictures that get posted here, whether it's squirrels or moose lol.

^^^ "Sorry for the long post." ? ?

Read every word and savored every picture.

Thanks Tony, I appreciate that bud.

Dave, seems like a great trip and thank you very much for both the story behind it and also the magnificent pictorials. Also, thanks for remembering Justin's cravings for anything osage while on your hunting trip :D

There was some cured hedge left in camp that I decided to cut into firewood. Bad idea. That stuff is so hard there were sparks flying off the chain lol.

No snow or anything. Maybe after last year that’s a nice change. And tons of deer. Leave a gut pile for the starving yotes’?!

Sure did. They were more like fat and sassy 'yotes though, looked like they were living the high life :D

Any Land available out there Dave? LOL! Beautiful pictures and story-Thanks:thumbsup: Even Better when you have a Family Member with you to share those special moment's with! Should have plenty of Venison for the Winter:thumbsup: Thanks again

The closest towns to that area are Whitebird and Riggins. I keep looking for a chunk I can afford to no avail, but if a guy could swing it, there are some places. Probably most folks here would like the area. Lots of rafting, steelhead and salmon fishing and of course hunting opportunities. If I could find a way to pay the bills from there I'd never leave :D Cheers bud.

... The closest towns to that area are Whitebird and Riggins....

Fun fact, I have jumped off the Timezone Bridge in Riggins - I climbed the structure, Tarzan style, to the very top and bailed off. What is that - about 75-80 feet, you figure?

The local sheriff saw me do it. He stopped his car and from the road deck yelled down at me that I should keep on floating because if I swam to shore he was going to arrest me. I floated on for awhile and my buddies picked me up in the raft around the bend. I was stone sober at the time.

I'll throw these out there just for fun. Spent a few years in wine country where these buggers weren't hunted. But I'll tell ya, I learned more about deer behavior watching them on the property than in ALL my years hunting them. Sure miss it...

N3njsG7.jpg

3OjX1zZ.jpg

LAPVPaq.jpg

Fun fact, I have jumped off the Timezone Bridge in Riggins - I climbed the structure, Tarzan style, to the very top and bailed off. What is that - about 75-80 feet, you figure?

The local sheriff saw me do it. He stopped his car and from the road deck yelled down at me that I should keep on floating because if I swam to shore he was going to arrest me. I floated on for awhile and my buddies picked me up in the raft around the bend. I was stone sober at the time.

Holy crap T. That bridge is friggin tall man. Ya that local has NO sense of humor...... "25mph means 25, not 26" :rolleyes:

I'll throw these out there just for fun.

Nice! Great pictures :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Great pictures ... and sounds like it was a great trip reguardless of what deer you ended up with ... the hunt the friendship and sharing it is the part you'll always have. Thanks for sharing all of it !!!

Back