Fishing, and hunting reports (share yours)

Great bump , HK! How you been? Any elk or bear hunting lately?

My daughters buck from a week ago.

DXE8gl8.jpg

D4Ovd9q.jpg

My niece and her first buck, with my brother, youth hunt couple weeks ago.

KiLOiVt.jpg

My brother-in-law and his buck taken here on the farm also.

0SxAyRr.jpg

ZHCzfu3.jpg

Great bump , HK! How you been? Any elk or bear hunting lately?

My daughters buck from a week ago.

DXE8gl8.jpg

D4Ovd9q.jpg

My niece and her first buck, with my brother, youth hunt couple weeks ago.

KiLOiVt.jpg

My brother-in-law and his buck taken here on the farm also.

0SxAyRr.jpg

ZHCzfu3.jpg

Hi bud! Congrats to your girl and the rest of your family, those are great bucks! I really like to see the smiles on young hunters faces, it's contagious :)

We're doing good out here. We caught lots of bear which made for some happy ranchers as well as happy hunters. My mother drew another elk tag for the same unit, but for a cow this time. She's got the luck I tell ya! I'll work some more pictures and stories in if it gets slow in here :D

Merry Christmas everyone!

Here is a little report from our day today. I took my 2 son's and my brother and his son hunting pheasants today. In western Missouri. They got to shoot their first birds. The weather was nice, and we had a great day.

Came home and used a couple bird and trout type knives that I have not used before. It was a blast. Scott and Austin cleaned their birds with their Mark's folders. Sorry no pics Mark!

jtw3b8b.jpg

2FVEjVq.jpg

6WX3AsI.jpg

JJsXl4i.jpg

Here is a little report from our day today. I took my 2 son's and my brother and his son hunting pheasants today. In western Missouri. They got to shoot their first birds. The weather was nice, and we had a great day.

Came home and used a couple bird and trout type knives that I have not used before. It was a blast. Scott and Austin cleaned their birds with their Mark's folders. Sorry no pics Mark!

jtw3b8b.jpg

2FVEjVq.jpg

6WX3AsI.jpg

JJsXl4i.jpg

That's a nice haul Brian! I've never done any upland bird hunting, but would love to one day!

Holy smokes! That's super cool Brian. :thumbsup:

jtw3b8b.jpg

2FVEjVq.jpg

6WX3AsI.jpg

JJsXl4i.jpg

looks like a great day ! For me I love all sorts of hunting ... but nothing beats watching good dogs work and fast and furious flushing birds !

Last edited:
^^^My personal expression of Heaven would be a single, wide open prairie of tall grass, a gentle breeze, and an English Setter doing what he was created to do. Oh, and a nice 20 gage O/U in a beautiful english walnut stock. 28" barrels choked improved and modified, if you please.

^^^My personal expression of Heaven would be a single, wide open prairie of tall grass, a gentle breeze, and an English Setter doing what he was created to do. Oh, and a nice 20 gage O/U in a beautiful english walnut stock. 28" barrels choked improved and modified, if you please.

Does sound like a little piece of heaven for sure ... I switch between shotguns just depending on what catches me for the day ...

but I have a Brittney a German Shorthair pup right now ... but used to run Llewellin Setters.

this season I had a really good bunch of quail ... so I got out the 28 gauges ... Remington 1100 and 870 ... fun to shoot and feel like twigs carrying them.

My favorite was chasing chukar down on the Snake River in Idaho. Of course it was always fun to crest out of the canyon and jump a rooster. Sometimes the hawks would circle overhead when they saw hunters climbing the canyon because the chukar would run up hill. It was fun to have the hawk work to pin down the covey.

A light 28 gage, a brittany and some blackberry bushes chock full of quail would be a suitable substitute for the prairie version in my mind.

E5ACB8B6-BF78-49A2-B1F4-E49ED70CE97A.jpeg FB3D83F9-D958-491F-8AA8-69EF867C5C9A.jpeg EA3E71F9-823F-4C2C-AC53-6BE22E388FA2.jpeg 475F2D9E-3616-4A0F-B2F6-9193803116B0.jpeg 4FFCFC7E-51E2-4291-B2F2-0ED7D20C4EEB.jpeg A4A9EDB1-3CD1-40F1-B57D-88E260C00F52.jpeg Opening day of turkey season this year was a washout with high winds and rain. Friday we had hail and tornadoes, good grief could I catch a break. Saturday am the winds died down and finally could hear a distant gobbler.
Late in the afternoon I got one fired up and before you knew it 6 gobblers we’re heading to my setup.
After a lot of hard work roosting birds and soft calling it paid off
Easter long Beard

Back