Fishing, and hunting reports (share yours)

I used scent a-way. None of my buddy's use scent blockers, but I swear by them. I'll check out those wafers tho. Always looking to try new things.

I have always been outspoken about scent and wind. Even the one bud of mine would use his wind dust rarely. I'm on mine constantly. Even with the best scent blockers, I maintain that it doesn't take much to ruin a hunt or stalk. Evolution really helped these critters.

VIwiAqk.jpg

Looking out the front window. I’ll get some better pictures been busy moving.

That's amazing! wow. I love eastern Montana. But never actually stopped and visited there. Its on my bucket list. coming through in June. Going to family in western Montana and then to Wheatland WY

This was on a small ranch, southeast of Ekalaka.

Small, meaning 20,000 acres. The landowner has another 60,000 acre piece, so....

More whitetail deer than you can imagine. Plentiful mule deer on the larger ranch. Antelope played as well.

This was on a small ranch, southeast of Ekalaka.

Small, meaning 20,000 acres. The landowner has another 60,000 acre piece, so....

More whitetail deer than you can imagine. Plentiful mule deer on the larger ranch. Antelope played as well.
I’d sure like to hunt a piece of land like that! Here we have smaller cities than that.
A mule deer hunt would be a dream come true. The white tail here are fun but they’re definitely not Muley’s.

Friday night I went up to Lawton, OK to do a night time hog hunt using thermal equipped AR’s, two were chambered in 6.5 Grendel and the other chambered in 7.62x39. This was a guided hunt my brother found on FB. This guy got us on the hogs and we had an awesome time! Never hunted at night before but a thermal is on the top of my list of stuff to buy haha. We got into two decent groups and took 7-8 but only recovered 3. This was with three shooters, I was more than pleased with the hunt and will definitely be back to do this again.

I head shot this guy from 75yds with a 6.5 Grendel

LPV0KBa.jpg

zpLknuU.jpg

Etey8NR.jpg

Anyone bear hunt? It's pretty common up here in the north; I just can't be bothered. Was hoping maybe someone could change my mind on that. Perhaps I'll just stick with deer, elk, moose, and when all that fails, copious amounts of beer and fish.

I just got back from a West Texas hog hunt with nothing to show for it but my wallet being a bit lighter. :(

I once went all the way up to the north slope of the Brooks Range for Dall sheep. I never pulled a trigger. But I brought back a cooler full of backstraps. None of the successful hunters wanted theirs.

Last edited:
Back