Five Best Looking

Lovin' this thread! Y'all keep 'em comin'!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Great pictures of some great knives!
Photo by Chief. It has a very light, small NYK Co. etch under the nail nick.
Li356Kr.jpg

A Schrade:
pBdt8dj.jpg

5 1/4 IXL:
lhEkCa5.jpg

Napanoch that I have had for a while now:
OB7NQIF.jpg

NYK Co. English Jack:
VK8L9vX.jpg
All lovely beyond measure, Mike. As a relative newbie I am curious what model that Shrade went by?

Gentleman & Ladies,

This turned out to be a harder task than I anticipated. I’ve been following since the start, and WOW! Just loving it!!
I went back and forth on “ok, here are my five, wait...no, ok, theeese are my five.” Haha. Finally, I think I decided.

I just got back into traditionals a couple years ago, and my wife says I’ve traded “screws for pins now.” Lol. I like it. I don’t have many, but I’m super picky.

This is an eclectic top five most beautiful knives to my eyes...for the moment.

Before the photo...I do want to thank you folks for graciously letting me into your section of the forum, for answering random PM questions, and for enabling me with your “likes.” I feel very honored. Thank You.

40623DFA-914E-4797-899D-71E98B3B3A41.jpeg

I gathered up about a dozen knives for a photo shoot and went about the task of selecting just five, pure torture I tell you.:D I'm sure I'll regret not including a couple I have with gorgeous vintage jigged bone, one pen with beautiful stag plus an acrylic tortoise shell copperhead, but if that is the only regret I have in life I'm sure I'll be fine.
View attachment 1500706 5 best look-2 - 1.jpeg
5 best look-1 - 1.jpeg 5 best look-5 - 1.jpeg 5 best look-5 - 1.jpeg View attachment 1500711
Maher & Grosh Stockyard Whittler in ebony
Northwoods Lincoln Jack in giraffe bone
Case 1970's Texas Jack in jigged redbone
Pal Cutlery Cattle Punch recover in Che Chen Rosewood by (Jason/Signalprick)
GEC 86 Oil Field Jack in bloodwood

5 look-1 - 1.jpeg

I gathered up about a dozen knives for a photo shoot and went about the task of selecting just five, pure torture I tell you.:D
View attachment 1500705
My compliments Greg all fine choices! I especially want to commend you for the Pal recover. :thumbsup::thumbsup: You took a knife of the highest build quality and gave it the covers it deserves making it even better for the next 100 + years. :cool: Hang onto that one sir! :)
sparerow

My compliments Greg all fine choices! I especially want to commend you for the Pal recover. :thumbsup::thumbsup: You took a knife of the highest build quality and gave it the covers it deserves making it even better for the next 100 + years. :cool: Hang onto that one sir! :)
sparerow
Thank you very much. The Pal Cut will definitely stay in my collection, Jason did an outstanding job of fitting the new covers and shield.:thumbsup:
btw, great thread you started, your 5 selections are beauties. That sheep horn fixed blade knife is pure art and the red stag 72 is amazing. How many of those Northfield red stags were made?

@black mamba started this thread and those are his knives you mentioned, I'll let him answer your question.

My apologies to black mamba, Jeff, I should pay more attention. Not sure how I made the mistake as I had only had one beer last night while on the forum. :oops:
Again, fine knives, Jeff. I always enjoy getting a peek at knives in your collection, gives me so much to want for though.:)

hCnfnjk.jpg

These are my best looking knives. Left to right we have:
A single spring Hibbard, Spencer, Bartlett pen knife in celluloid covers.
Next is a single blade jack in golden maple burl covers by @ea42.
In the center is my 78 recovered in fordite by @Signalprick.
Fourth is a Winchester coffin jack by Queen in MoP.
Last is a two blade Robeson jack in strawberry bone.

hCnfnjk.jpg

Absolutely great choices. :)

QUOTE - Mike Robuck, "Great pictures of some great knives!
Photo by Chief. It has a very light, small NYK Co. etch under the nail nick.
Li356Kr.jpg

A Schrade:
pBdt8dj.jpg

5 1/4 IXL:
lhEkCa5.jpg

Napanoch that I have had for a while now:
OB7NQIF.jpg

NYK Co. English Jack:
VK8L9vX.jpg
Winner, Winner!! Chicken Dinner!!

hCnfnjk.jpg

Unsurprisingly ;) my vote, for what it's worth, goes to the Cell Penknife. Beautiful fingerprint effect:cool:

Back