• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Flipping!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want a 2010 Case Tony Bose Tribal Spear in stag. There were only a hundred made, and the last one sold on this Forum was a couple years ago?

Damn!

I'm going to get a custom Zulu from one of the dozens of dozens of makers out there.

Oh look, I've already got an Oeser, Taber and Menefee.

Oh yeah, I've got OCD, I went and got an ebony, antique bone and Damascus Case 2010 Tribal Spear.

I still want that 2010 stag Tribal Spear, a custom Zulu with a lanyard hole and a fixed blade Zulu.

But I still can't find that stag Tribal Spear.

Anywhere.

Guess I'm going to move on.

I want a 2010 Case Tony Bose Tribal Spear in stag. There were only a hundred made, and the last one sold on this Forum was a couple years ago?

Damn!

I'm going to get a custom Zulu from one of the dozens of dozens of makers out there.

Oh look, I've already got an Oeser, Taber and Menefee.

Oh yeah, I've got OCD, I went and got an ebony, antique bone and Damascus Case 2010 Tribal Spear.

I still want that 2010 stag Tribal Spear, a custom Zulu with a lanyard hole and a fixed blade Zulu.

But I still can't find that stag Tribal Spear.

Anywhere.

Guess I'm going to move on.

Did you click the wrong thread? :confused:

I believe he is relating an experience of his own that is somewhat similar to yours. In his experience, he moved on.

I fail to see any similarity; what I do see, however, is some sort of weird braggadocio about custom knives in a thread where we've already had one person make a (rather amusing) claim about GEC's quality being up to par with custom knife makers. That's what GKD is for.

That being said, I don't even see what his experience has to do with flippers or flipping given that he didn't even indicate any efforts to try and find his supposed grail knife on the secondary market at all. Still seems OT to me.

Still seems OT to me.

I believe it was advice on how to handle the GEC experience you continue posting about.

If you consider advice as off topic, I'm not sure why you posting about it. Are you just waiting for someone to tell you that you were right?

I'll do it if it gives you some peace! :thumbup:

Grrr! Those GEC guys sure screwed you over! You nailed it!

I believe it was advice on how to handle the GEC experience....

So in other words, confirmed off-topic.

Further falsehoods excised, they are immaterial to this thread which predates any perceived slights against GEC certain trolling posters are "seeing".

To get back on-topic: Another recent run of popular knives is starting to crop up on the analogue to the Exchange over on another popular four-letter forum some of our regular members also frequent. It'd be interesting to see if there is a core group of people who are spreading out the "flip" from site to site in order to avoid a reputation of being a flipper, perhaps to protect their standings on the Exchange... There's more than one way to skin a cat, recent threads on GB&U have been demonstrating that in spades.

I'm thinking maybe a new sticky thread in GB&U with a list of "confirmed flippers" so that people can find it in their GB&U reputation searches prior to a transaction might be in order, once some time has passed to start compiling it.

Last edited:
So in other words, confirmed off-topic.

Further falsehoods excised, they are immaterial to this thread which predates any perceived slights against GEC certain trolling posters are "seeing".

Ah. So the link you provided to that active eBay auction for a GEC TC Barlow was merely illustrating your distaste for flippers, and any connections to your earlier posts in multiple threads about not being able to buy that same knife are purely coincidental.

Got it.

J sega i know who you are talking about.

That person is a major flipper , he is fast with keyboard keys and fast to say ill take it.

Then resell on the bay for three to four times the price.

Nothing agains flippers but it ruins it for a true Collector

Last edited:
Lol i know just who you are talking about.

Even on ebay i encounter flippers. It really sad that real collectors have to paid premium but we live in a free market.

I used to sell on ebay specially to folks in the south ,often i would even sell at a loss but its part of collecting trading and keeping or promoting traditional pocket knives.I dont sell on the bay. If i do i sell high.
I had sold on ebay just to see same item relisted at much higher price.

But i rather sell to someone who will keep or appreciate knives not a flipper.

Last edited:
Ah. So the link you provided to that active eBay auction for a GEC TC Barlow was merely illustrating your distaste for flippers, and any connections to your earlier posts in multiple threads about not being able to buy that same knife are purely coincidental.

No such "link" exists, existed, or will ever exist. I have no interest in shilling for outside sellers within the confines of BFC, whether they're flippers or purveyors of deep discounts. This is quite clear throughout my posting history which, as you can see, is overwhelmingly concentrated within the Traditional knives subforum (where this thread originated).

With that, you have finishing hemorrhaging whatever credibility you may have once commanded. Consider yourself blocked. We don't need any more trolls in here actively attempting to derail a perfectly valid thread.

Lol i know just who you are talking about.
Even on ebay i encounter flippers. It really sad that real collectors have to paid premium but we live in a free market.
I used to sell on ebay specially to folks in the south often i woul
d even sell at a loss but its part of collecting. I dont sell on the bay. If i do i sell high.
But i rather sell to someone who will keep or appreciate knives not a flipper.

That's the spirit I was hoping this thread would engender. It seems like the move to GB&U has invited a negative element, so I'm glad that some people can look past that and express their opinions on the practice, personally or professionally. :thumbup:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

no%20asshats.jpg
If it's not worth $325 to you, don't pay it and don't buy it. It really is just as simple as that. Trust me you can not only survive, you can even live a long happy life without that knife.

If it's not worth $325 to you, don't pay it and don't buy it. It really is just as simple as that. Trust me you can not only survive, you can even live a long happy life without that knife.

Point: missed. Another one for the ignore list, apparently.

Is anyone getting the impression that somebody in W&C starting sending people into this thread after it made its way to GB&U?

From what I understand, cross-forum trolling is infractable.

Ok tsarbomba then please explain to us your points because anytime anyone post anything they are wrong. Is this thread about flipping ? If so then the above post about that Barlow is relevant they want 3 something for the knife the knife retailed for less looks like flipping to me. You sit and argue with everyone here if they don't see flipping as you see it. Heck you want to make a list of flippers and sticky it your flipper witch hunt is old. Bottom line is it is their item you want it buy it you don't move on another person will buy it. But just being a jerk to people on every post you make I mean look at your visitor wall you are even rubbing the mods wrong won't be long till you are gone. Don't like flippers don't buy from them want the item bad enough youll buy or be without.

Is this thread about flipping ?

You'd have to ask the OP about the overall theme of the thread. I can only speak for my posts, and since I neither originated it nor requested it to be moved over to this sub I can't help you with your questions.

If so then the above post about that Barlow is relevant they want 3 something for the knife the knife retailed for less looks like flipping to me.

Agreed.

Bottom line is it is their item you want it buy it you don't move on another person will buy it.

The pictured Barlow has not "moved". I do not expect it to. Karma may yet have a say after all. That is one of the points of my posts; elucidating the damage that "flippers" can do to our shared hobby and entreating fellow hobbyists to ignore their overtures no matter how much one might want the product.

Locking this childish carp. TSAR start another one and it will be your last one here. (at least with your current user name.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back