Photos For the love of Lockbacks! (Traditionals only)

A few from Case.
1117181255.jpg

When I was first getting into better quality knives than chinese junk piles and was able to buy them myself the first thing I bought was this buck 110. Of course at the time I knew very little (has that really changed?) and thought it was the best knife ever made because it was a BUCK 110. Well, I know better than that now but it's still pretty good for its kind.

IMG_3627.jpg
IMG_3625.JPG

When I was first getting into better quality knives than chinese junk piles and was able to buy them myself the first thing I bought was this buck 110. Of course at the time I knew very little (has that really changed?) and thought it was the best knife ever made because it was a BUCK 110. Well, I know better than that now but it's still pretty good for its kind.

View attachment 1103848
View attachment 1103845

Got mine as a highschool graduation gift, and pretty much thought the same thing as you did.
Only difference is I still think it , well as far as large lockbacks goes since I now know there's no one best knife.
I'm often liking small slipjoints most now, but I'm not wholely partial to anything and still love that knife.

My uncle recently found a few knives and today he gave them to me to look over and clean up for him. One of them was this buck 110 with a 1988 date code. He said somebody gave it to him but doesn't remember details. It's filthy but doesn't look really worn and still functions fine. I think it'll turn out nice once I'm done with it.

IMG_3651.jpg IMG_3652.jpg

My uncle recently found a few knives and today he gave them to me to look over and clean up for him. One of them was this buck 110 with a 1988 date code. He said somebody gave it to him but doesn't remember details. It's filthy but doesn't look really worn and still functions fine. I think it'll turn out nice once I'm done with it.

View attachment 1104529 View attachment 1104530
I'll bet a toothbrush and some Dawn on the blade would clean it up well.
Some obenaufs would do wonders on that sheath.

Should be a fine old user when you're done.

I'll bet a toothbrush and some Dawn on the blade would clean it up well.
Some obenaufs would do wonders on that sheath.

Should be a fine old user when you're done.

I'll probably have to scrape the gunk off the blades, looks like dried caulk on them. I'll be sure and post some after pictures.

I'll probably have to scrape the gunk off the blades, looks like dried caulk on them. I'll be sure and post some after pictures.
Looking closer I'll bet you're right.
You could try Goof off adhesive remover so you don't potentially scrape up the blade.

Well whatever method you use I can see the knife cleaning up really well.

Back