Photos For the love of Lockbacks! (Traditionals only)

You live in the wrong state ;)

Believe me, I've thought about it more than once after moving from Texas to Minnesota 28 years ago. Need I mention our current weather forecast calls for 12" to 20" of snow starting Thursday morning. o_O My parents, who still live in Texas, like to call at times like this and casually mention the lovely weather they've been having.

Thats a special one dcpritch dcpritch :thumbsup: What a beauty. Glad it is being seen :)

Ray

Thanks so much Ray, it is one of those knives that wows from every angle. Its not hard to see why they hung an ABS Master Smith badge on Mr. Wayne Valachovic!

Believe me, I've thought about it more than once after moving from Texas to Minnesota 28 years ago. Need I mention our current weather forecast calls for 12" to 20" of snow starting Thursday morning. o_O My parents, who still live in Texas, like to call at times like this and casually mention the lovely weather they've been having.
Wow! On the way home to Corpus Christi from Kingsville this afternoon, my car thermometer was registering 95 degrees!

Wow! On the way home to Corpus Christi from Kingsville this afternoon, my car thermometer was registering 95 degrees!

Haha, don't take this the wrong way, but I hope you sweated through you shirt and got sunburned when you stood outside for 5 minutes! :cool:

Humor intended!

dcpritch dcpritch your Valachovic is something to behold. I just keep coming back to view it again. The scales seem to be horn but then they don't. Are the handles horn? Just an incredible piece.

Fodderwing Fodderwing Thanks for the very kind words. The scales are mammoth ivory. On a handle this long (4-3/4”), you have to start with an amazing piece to make it look as good as he made it. Sure is nice to be with folks who appreciate these things as much as me.

Last edited:
My uncle recently found a few knives and today he gave them to me to look over and clean up for him. One of them was this buck 110 with a 1988 date code. He said somebody gave it to him but doesn't remember details. It's filthy but doesn't look really worn and still functions fine. I think it'll turn out nice once I'm done with it.

View attachment 1104529 View attachment 1104530

My uncle's 110 cleaned up well. I sharpened it of course, it'll whittle hair now. I don't have any kind of leather treatment stuff so I just rubbed some oil into the sheath.

IMG_3724.jpg IMG_3725.jpg

That 110 is 3 years older than me. I had a friend give me a two dot 110 the other day. It's in the box and looks almost unused. Didn't come with the sheath. You cleaned that one up nice.:thumbsup:

Will thank you. It is possible that in order to fully appreciated the Moki Fishowl, it may need to be experienced. Everything you said here is accurate... makes me think you've handled one.

Certainly have James! Often carry it and always pleased, just the right size for my pocket, Behemoths gain no admittance:D

I just opened this 110 from SK. Orange G-10 scales, nickel silver bolsters and CPM-154 blade. Old meets new.

Attachments

• 0410191102-1.jpg
    0410191102-1.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 19
redsparrow redsparrow I have one of the small Kronos as well. The construction is beyond reproach, line up between tang and spring almost seamless so it looks like a fixed blade:cool: The bone, which on mine is a red and black, is much less impressive.In fact it's borderline horrid....bad colour, sharp unconvincing jigging. I yearn to have it changed for say Nat Micarta but don't actually trust anyone to dismantle it and put it back together again so flawlessly...it could lose the lanyard hole too while I'm about it ;)

Will Power Will Power , sorry to hear about the bone on your Kronos. I appreciate your assessment. Too many good ones out there to mess with something less than desirable. Take good care of yourself and enjoy the increasing sunshine.

Fodderwing Fodderwing Thanks for the very kind words. The scales are mammoth ivory. On a handle this long (4-3/4”), you have to start with an amazing piece to make it look as good as he made it. Sure is nice to be with folks who appreciate these things as much as me.
Thanks for the response. No doubt it is an amazing piece of mammoth. Extraordinary piece all around.

My trusty workhorse with me out on a hike...

3KVkOnR.jpg

I especially like this Moki 433 Ares with Crimson jig bone. It is exceptional in all respects!

View attachment 1108072

Too bad Will Power Will Power to hear of a Moki that doesn't pass full muster.

The bone scales are a dynamic medium. Nature can indeed be, inconsistent :(

Ray

Thanks Ray. I think it's also my personal preference, I've never 'got on' with the look of mine in crimson, just how it is. Would like to get it re-done but like I said, will anybody be able to match the peerless finish? I fear not...

Regards, Will

Back