For the sake of crossing things.

Very true JW. In Nihonto we would refer to this as Aratameshi or destructive testing. Swords are really not meant for chopping wood but during the period of Bakumatsu in Japan, blades were tested in this destructive style against helmets filled with iron sand, Deer antlers, forged iron and hitting an anvil on the mune and on the sides several times. The current consensus is that the opening of Japan to first the Portugese then other traders had the Japanese sword makers needing to demonstrate that their swords were "better made" than what the traders were offering. I just get kind of amused when I read of folks thinking they need a Chiruwa style tang for a combat knife, but your point of the intended target is a very accurate one I hadn't really considered. Good point thanks.

Had to cross the old with the new:
1RiY501.jpg

Booooo! HISSS!!!!!! how can you put that plastic Austrian THING, on top of that beautiful steel 1911 ;) j/k Seriously, the person carrying that EDC collection should feel comfortable they are prepared for their day.

I was gonna say that but when I saw the picture I threw up a little bit in my mouth so had to go rinse ya know.
You expressed my feelins while I was indisposed.

I'm a devoted 1911 fan, truth be told I got one of them Austrian bang sticks too but I don't hold them at the same time or have both together.

I got 40 of em to babysit here at work and it's pretty easy duty, they don't break often that's for sure.

Actually I hate to think it but I'm pretty sure Pugs is partial to them tupperware setups. I guess even Pugs has a couple flaws. Weren't for this I'd probably want to marry him.

Lol Bawanna, you crack me up everytime, but yes I am partial to the tupperware ones, when they save your life once or twice, ya kinda get like that ya know :D But I love me some 1911's as well. But I only have 2 of em.

Some fancy grips on this bad boy. Wonder where they came from???????????

Last edited:
It's a switch, normal and room broom. Not for mere mortals.

Them grips look a little familiar, kind of forgot those.

Back