for winter, what Buck ya carrying and how cold is it...

Razor, my ceracote blade expressed that too. But I kept at it, sharpening it. After 10-12 sharpenings it got better. My blade was 420hc. DM

-24°C as I cross over the Park this morning but it's worth mentioning that it's warmed up 4° in the last 20 minutes as a sign of an Alberta Clipper that's predicted to pass thru in the next 24 hours.
View attachment 1493840
View attachment 1493841
wow thats cold. -11f range. add in windchill and your ears will freeze and break off. nice 110 there too.

here is 64f / 18c and I have my jacket on inside and I'm still cold.:)

Yesterday it was 19 degrees and overcast I carried my Buck D 118 and 308 canoe duck hunting.
Got these two widgeon...
YB8V5Xu.jpg

+1° C today and have the 112 Slim Pro in my pocket. I really didn't want to pull it out as it likely would have blown away in these 60 mph winds. Alberta Clippers sure are quite the weather phenomenon.
Edit: it would have been a T-shirt and shorts day if it hadn't been for the winds

Here's a good example of how nice it is to have Lake Michigan nearby in the winter. Yeah we get lake effect snow when it's not froze, it also keeps the really cold air away.
Here's tomorrows low temperature forecasts. You can really see the difference.
(this map plagerized from the website MLIVE, I like it for statewide news.
There's a cool story there about a light house in Lake Superior the Coast Guard calls the loneliest place in the world.)
Thanks.

View attachment 1504824

Last edited:
Here's a good example of how nice it is to have Lake Michigan nearby in the winter. Yeah we get snow because of it, but when it's not froze, it keeps the really cold air away.
Here's tomorrows low temperature forecasts. You can really see the difference.
(this map plagerized from the website MLIVE, I like it for statewide news.
There's a cool story there about a light house in Lake Superior the Coast Guard calls the loneliest place in the world.)
Thanks.

View attachment 1504824
assuming red is warmer and green blue is colder. if I'm thinkin right...that red is still freezing cold to me.:D

Rather cold one here but look at tomorrow night... -52° with the windchill (-61.6°F for my American friends). As my grandmother would say: "that'll frost your pickles!"
Screenshot_20210206-195422_Canada Weather.jpg
This is what I'm carrying around the house because it's ludicrous to even think of going outside tonight. A new acquisition from Mike.
20210206_195521-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Rather cold one here but look at tomorrow night... -52° with the windchill (-61.6°F for my American friends). As my grandmother would say: "that'll frost your pickles!"
View attachment 1504969
This is what I'm carrying around the house because it's ludicrous to even think of going outside tonight. A new acquisition from Mike.
View attachment 1504970
insanely cold there. today was maybe mid 60s f low 70s f.

you'd laugh at me. it was maybe 40s f this last week at night and I had the heat on at 76 f and was still cold and wearing a fleece jacket and my wife was laughing at me. she's from north fl though and they are used to colder winters.

in my pocket today

16126650287315638829068687492884.jpg

No laughing here Sir! I'd melt in your heat. It's all about being acclimated. I grew up playing street hockey in this frozen wasteland and you really do get used to the cold rather quickly. It's the heat I have trouble with now. The little lady and I stopped in Las Vegas last June and the 110° air just about finished me within a few hours.
That SpitFire is looking really nice! Mine arrived last week but I'm struggling whether to carry it or leave it pristine.

Back