Forging: Can I Play With Madness!

Ha, Bromances are against company policy! I'll make you one that you can give to the wife. It would make a good worry stone or keychain.

Finally got a picture of this bracelet I made for the much better half a week or so ago. I'd like to try to make a bracelet in stainless steel but I've heard that's hard to forge. Need to research what type of SS would work well for things like jewelry and utensils.
20190216_221023-01.jpeg

Tops Knives used to sell damascus arrowheads for pendants. I can picture you forging some.

Finally got a picture of this bracelet I made for the much better half a week or so ago. I'd like to try to make a bracelet in stainless steel but I've heard that's hard to forge. Need to research what type of SS would work well for things like jewelry and utensils.
View attachment 1074851
Very nice, John!
Are you using bees wax as a finish?

Tops Knives used to sell damascus arrowheads for pendants. I can picture you forging some.
I'd like to try to make some jewelry, need to move away from mild steel.
Very nice, John!
Are you using bees wax as a finish?
I didnt put anything on the bracelet, just brushed the hell out of it. I've been using either beeswax or linseed oil, depending on the item.

Thanks - got to strategize on what needs hanging & where. I like those kind of problems. :thumbsup:
Thank you John.

Ray

giphy.gif

I'm certain of it.

The answer is: Of course, except on full moons and days that end in Y.

Back