Forging: Can I Play With Madness!

d6b7a86cf45464d32f4e08da82721014.png

Dude, that's Cartel tequila, no Bueno! :eek:

Strange but true tale; the fat chick with bad teeth and worse tattoos at the local LS thinks I'm cute (and I've helped her with some firearms related issues), so she sells me the Hornito's Big Gulp at store cost. She's sweet...

Hornitos.jpg

Hard to beat Hornitos for the price. :thumbsup:
If it's a special event, I'll go get the Patrõn.

Tres Generaciones Is Sauza's brand that would be the step up from Hornitos and it's some good stuff. Give it a try next time you have a special event ;). It's $40-$45 around here.

Tres Generaciones Is Sauza's brand that would be the step up from Hornitos and it's some good stuff. Give it a try next time you have a special event ;). It's $40-$45 around here.
I'll give it a try! I've tried the Hornitos silver and gold, but never the Tres Generaciones.

Agreed, that's good stuff. Used to be our go-to here when Costco carried the "big-gulp" ;) bottle for ~$40.

Oh, John,
Ran across the heart I forged for my wife a couple of years ago. I think it was originally 6 or 8 gage solid copper wire.
Hammer flat, then chisel cut a slot in the middle. Interesting, because copper work hardens, so you have to re-heat in the forge and quinch to anneal it...
qYiIjfY.jpg

Last edited:
That's cool, I've got some heavy copper wire around somewhere. I'd like to try to forge some bronze too. I've heard red metals are real picky about forging temps, not sure if it's true or not. I'd really like to forge some jewelry.

That's cool, I've got some heavy copper wire around somewhere. I'd like to try to forge some bronze too. I've heard red metals are real picky about forging temps, not sure if it's true or not. I'd really like to forge some jewelry.
Yeah, I would like to as well. Some more copper, turquoise, silver, and maybe some black hills gold, if you can find it in a raw state...
Need to get a ring mandrel, and some other specialty tools I'm sure.
Would love to try some lost wax casting...or at least how it works...it ar magic!:confused::D

I've had that for years and never knew what it was. When you said 'ring mandrel' it immediately popped in my head.

I've had that for years and never knew what it was. When you said 'ring mandrel' it immediately popped in my head.
So you're closer than me!
Now to figure out the lost wax casting thing.
This stuff may lend itself well to some knife projects...

Back