Forsaken Mistress Coming February 14, 2018. . . 9:00 pm Eastern!!!. . . Specs And Pricing!!!

Sexy, indeed. She has nice curves.

I do like clip points, but straight ones look better. On this FM the curves do all work together. One could imagine a variant with a bit of recurve in the edge, with the CBT following the edge curve. Even sexier.

It's curious that the bottoms of the CBT grooves are smoother than the secondary bevel. No matter, passing on this one. Have way too many choppers, including the skinny NMFBM, which might be the Ur Chopper for me.

Not to poop on your parade but the mountainmandu is way to thick and wrong blade shape for kitchen work. It might be a novelty in the kitchen but not good for actual use.
I beg to differ.. there are certin things she loves my fat ash for.. with full flat it results in a pretty usable edge.. starting at .22 rather than .32 helps and after i get a convex it will be pretty good. maybe not an all round chefs knife but it will be very useful for some things..
She is real excited to use it on our campouts an hikes where she can have a survival blade that functions well preping food..
But hey...we shall see:D

I do agree however...a "thin nick" blade shape would have been prefered..
an quit trying too poop on my perfectly good excuse to get another Busse;):D
Perfect prep knife! The V8 could have lots of uses too. Buy away. Buy away.

Not to poop on your parade but the mountainmandu is way to thick and wrong blade shape for kitchen work. It might be a novelty in the kitchen but not good for actual use.

Actually at 2 inches wide and 0.22" thick, it would make an ok kitchen knife. The blade design is certainly better than any other large busse knife for that purpose. Overall, very similar to a heavy cleaver. My kitchen knives that I use most often are 0.1" thick and about 1 inch wide and flat ground. This thing is twice as thick but also twice as wide. So the actual blade grind is similar. It is heavy for cutting simple vegetables and stuff for sure. But it can easily do it if you have to. Kinda like Hunting antelope with a 300 win mag. Certainly overkill but it will get the job done.

Just saying YAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSS The knife I always wanted them to make. Ordering the whole shebang!Y3EEEEEEEEEEES oh wait were my caps on yeeeeeeeeeeeees

My first big fusion handled chopper was the BGFBM and it’s fantastic! I thought to myself “I need one of these in Infi”. I’m sooooo stoked for this! :D

Anyone plan to use their nuclear fm..?
Or is she a safe queen?

Last edited:
I'd use the nuclear one but I doubt I'll be able to snag one.

OT question - any of you hogs have a blade in desert bronze / black canvas configuration? I think it could look very awesome for the Forsaken Mistress!

Whichever one I get will be used to whack some branches.;)
WHAT.......That's what my B8's are for....I don't know if my orchard pruning tower can lift This Forsaken Mistress to whack branches...:eek::eek::cool::D

I’d be interested to hear some of you hogs wax poetic about the predicted performance differences between the nuclear option and the regular. Which version would make the better user?

I’d be interested to hear some of you hogs wax poetic about the predicted performance differences between the nuclear option and the regular. Which version would make the better user?

I think the nuclear option will pack more of a whallop, with the handle treatment and fullers the weight distribution will be more tip heavy than the combat grade I think. That would make it behave more like a chopper than the CG despite the generous clip removing all that metal from the tip end. Or maybe both versions have the same balance point and the nuke is just lighter, which imo would make it a straight upgrade.

Back